• The KillerFrogs

The Register-Herald: Mountaineers look to avoid complacency

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The Register-Herald: Mountaineers look to avoid complacency

By Cam Huffman For The Register-Herald

When the worst thing that happens to a college football coach is getting caught drinking the wrong beverage on the sideline, it was probably a pretty good day on the field for his team.

Saturday afternoon in Lubbock, Texas, the Fox Sports 1 television cameras captured West Virginia head coach Dana Holgorsen downing a Red Bull after his team scored another touchdown to go up 34-10 on the Red Raiders.

Holgorsen has long been known for chugging energy drinks on the sidelines. The problem is that the WVU athletic department is involved in a major sponsorship deal with Coca-Cola.

“They caught me in a weak moment,” Holgorsen said with a chuckle when asked about his Red Bull consumption on Monday’s Big 12 Coaches Teleconference. “I like variety. I slammed one of those and then got back to drinking the Coca-Cola and the Dasani water that I normally drink.”

Read the rest at http://www.register-herald.com/sports/college_sports/mountaineers-look-to-avoid-complacency/article_6b46b1c2-4a0a-56c0-ab79-07d4ed05ac38.html