• The KillerFrogs

The Post LHCGP Coach Discussion

Our team is so loaded from top to bottom (and a ton returning next year.) ANY coach will see that and be tripping over themselves. This is not a rebuild....we are already stocked to the gills. We just need a coach to put a new spin on what we do.

While it may not seem like it now - THIS IS A GOOD THING!!!!

Will they stick around?

Toad Jones

I like this. He wants to win a championship, just waiting on the right opportunity. He could put something together fairly quickly.
Gary was asked, who is the best coach you face..guess what he said.... Chris Peterson. This might remind some of you, it's the god awful blue field boys. Some of you want a splash hire....this is it and make headlines on all the sports talk shows instantly. His son is probably 17-19 yrs old now and he must have grown out of his medical needs

Last edited:

Fiscuits

Will they stick around?
Yeah, most will. You'll have a few who will leave and some commits who drop off...but a new coach should be able to calm all of that. I don't see a ton leaving. As much as they loved Coach P....word is they were all frustrated as hell trying to please him and not getting anywhere because the whole staff from top down sent a million mixed messages. His staff had turned into a complete Cluster. No one knew what type of Offense were were. Who "the guy" was at certain positions.

They will miss him, but I promise a lot of them are looking forward to the new hire.

Moose Stuff

I like this. He wants to win a championship, just waiting on the right opportunity. He could put something together fairly quickly.
As I said on the other board I would have some concerns about this but could get fully on board if you told me he was immediately retaining Kelly and Applewhite. He’s gonna need some guys with Texas ties and those two might hold some of the recruiting class together and coach some of our best players. Either way seems like a long shot.

Gary was asked, who is the best coach you face..guess what he said.... Chris Peterson. This might remind some of you, it's the god awful blue field boys. Some of you want a splash hire....this is it and make headlines on all the sports talk shows instantly. His son is probably 17-19 yrs old now and he must have grown out of his medical needs
Yep. (He was not the only coach to say that. On the air last year, Bob Stoops said Petersen was one of the best coaches he ever faced.) Plus: Petersen loves Fort Worth, so there is that.

kidkarr

Serious question, will GP’s firing help the game day atmosphere? Was any of this in GP’s arena? Less secrets could create some buzz!

Mean Purple

Amen. TCU doesn't need to do a damn thing. EVERYONE knows how nice of a place this is. Facilities, money, recruiting, etc...if you have ever been to ANY other athletic facility and spent any time (college or pro)....TCU is top 20 in the nation. Bar one. I have been to a majority of them all and TCU is not "behind" anyone. Some are "larger" due to student body size...but NONE are "nicer" and more comprehensive.

TCU is an easy, easy, easy, sell.
I would look at Dave Clawson before Dykes. Insane that he has gotten Wake Forest to that. I know he seems furious about some defensive issues, but A. He still manages to coach to a win. B. It's Dave Clawson, his version of "furious" is pretty mild.

Mean Purple

well, because his history in the Power 5. Also, See Houston game.
Don't kid yourselves in thinking that his SMU squad would be doing just as well in the Big 12. And coaching against most of those teams is no where near the challenge of coaching against the P5 where the players close in with much more speed, size and talent on average.

Mean Purple

The new coach will be what determines how long the current AD stays.
Yeah, while I agree with Smitty, I don't think we can wait. Plus, the search committee will have a big part to do with it. They need to get a coach who understands the need for complementary football.
Don't get suckered into the high offense as a primary garbage. Defense is what is winning right now. 3 guys at the second level to stop the run, one can drop back to help secondary. But everybody is now taking advantage of the run. After going spread and having defenses respond by going mostly nickel, now they just come back and get it underneath.

Mean Purple

Amen. TCU doesn't need to do a damn thing. EVERYONE knows how nice of a place this is. Facilities, money, recruiting, etc...if you have ever been to ANY other athletic facility and spent any time (college or pro)....TCU is top 20 in the nation. Bar one. I have been to a majority of them all and TCU is not "behind" anyone. Some are "larger" due to student body size...but NONE are "nicer" and more comprehensive.

TCU is an easy, easy, easy, sell.
I have been (recently) in some facilities of some big blue bloods. You would be shocked at how crappy their facilities look compared to ours.

Tony Lema

Ticket Exchange Pass
Agreed. They were gushing about the program on Full Ride on SXM ESPNU this morning. Both Neuheisel and Todd Blackledge point out how this is a ultra attractive job, more attractive than Tech, etc. etc.
Usually after someone asked if Tech coming open had something to do with timing. All indicated that TCU was a more attractive job anyway. Facilities, recruiting, money, tv. tec.
Hire Neuheisel.

Mean Purple

Urban Meyer claimed he would never coach again and now he is in Jacksonville (probably wishing he kept his word).

You just never know what the future holds for anyone.
Urban Meyer never meant that at all. Urban left florida because of other issues than a heart one. And Will Muschamp had to suffer the consequences. "Here's your new team, Will. Oh, here's your new NCAA enforced limit on scholarships. "