• The KillerFrogs

The Mule

Atomic Frawg

North Texas kid, senior who hung around and didn't transfer, was willing to play multiple positions to get PT, came in and lead the team to a much-needed victory, and may be playing his last game next week. He will likely be given the keys to the car for Okie Lite. Anyone have a better story? #SpiritofBram

North Texas kid, senior who hung around and didn't transfer, was willing to play multiple positions to get PT, came in and lead the team to a much-needed victory, and may be playing his last game next week. He will likely be given the keys to the car for Okie Lite. Anyone have a better story? #SpiritofBram
Best wishes to the guy

Frogo

How could you not think of Kohlhausen? Somewhere Bram is smiling. What a tradition for TCU--5th year senior Never-Starters coming in at the last minute to win a big game. I'd just as soon not have the need for that--but I love the miracle quality of The Alamo Bowl and the Baylor Comeback.

TRF51

I always thought he was better than Foster. I remember he was athletic and had a decent arm in high school. I am not sure why he didn’t get more of a look until now, I heard he enjoyed the college life a little to much and was not given all he could but that was just a rumor. I hope he comes out and plays his ass off.

FrogLifeYo

I always thought he was better than Foster. I remember he was athletic and had a decent arm in high school. I am not sure why he didn’t get more of a look until now, I heard he enjoyed the college life a little to much and was not given all he could but that was just a rumor. I hope he comes out and plays his ass off.
He’s always been known as more of an athlete then a QB..His arm looks shakey to me but if we don’t ask him to do to much then we can win with him. We have to run the ball

Atomic Frawg

Really happy for The Mule and the entire team. The NCAA annals will forever show that he won a game as a starter. Somewhere Bram is smiling.

Oddly, this doesn't feel like we finished in the top half of the conference, but we did. That is a testament to GP and the rest of the staff. As decimated as we were over the course of the year, we still could've (should've) had two more wins (Tech/Kansas). That's just crazy. This is where the quality of recruiting depth matters. I think the future is VERY bright, and I hope recruits see that, too. Great job Coaches!

Last edited:

Limey Frog

Really happy for The Mule and the entire team. The NCAA annals will forever show that he won a game as a starter. Somewhere Bram is smiling.

Oddly, this doesn't feel like we finished in the top half of the conference, but we did. That is a testament to GP and the rest of the staff. As decimated as we were over the course of the year, we still could've (should've) had two more wins (Tech/Kansas). That's just crazy. This is where the quality of recruiting depth matters. I think the future is VERY bright, and I hope recruits see that, too. Great job Coaches!

Should have had Tech & KU, could easily have had Texas, and might well have lost KSU/ISU. For all that we struggled, suffered injuries, and gave every indication of poor offensive coaching, this team might easily have been 8-4. Overall that's the sign of a healthy program. I don't know what changes need to be made, and I think there was enough late-season improvement to justify GP's decision to not change anything. I'll be pessimistic if he doesn't make any changes, but I'm usually pessimistic anyway. I wouldn't criticize the decision if his argument is that these coaches went 3-1 down the stretch with a banged-up squad and deserve another shot to fix the obvious problems. That will be his call; he's got grounds to justify making it either way at this point.

Atomic Frawg

Playing so many fewshmen is a double-edged sword. On one hand, they gain experience and work out anxiety assiciated with playing D1 ball in front of large crowds. Conversely, they are typically gonna be way smaller than the folk on the field who've had years of college-level S&C. That makes them more injury prone. Hate to say it, but the Waconians are getting better because their team was so young last year. I see them being even better next year, and fortunately, we should be, too. I think Cumbie will grow, as well. He is still too conservative for me football-wise, and for much of the season we lacked an offensive identity. The play calling in the bowl game will be an indicator of whether the creative play calling in the Okie Lite game was a one-off.