• The KillerFrogs

The Griffin Journal

West Coast Johnny

http://www.tcu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1166454

The Griffin Journal
"It has been a long time since my last journal entry and a lot of exciting things have happened in my life. Our season ended in the quarterfinals on a heartbreaking last second field goal but we can look back at this season and be proud. We finished 10-2 and sent three kids to D1 schools and numerous other seniors are getting looks from FCS school as well as D2, D3, and NAIA. On a personal level, I made first team all state (3rd time). I am very proud of that accomplishment and have worked hard to get where I am at. Since the season ended, I have been working hard to play when I get to TCU. I am working on speed, agility, flexibility, strength, and specific DB techniques with Allen Langford. Coach Langford was an All Big Ten cornerback at the University of Wisconsin so you know we have talked about the Rose Bowl quite a bit...lol.

Scarface

Real impressive!

The way he writes, I can't belive he is still in high school.

It was good to read that he is sharpening up his cornerback skills during the off season, he may be needed in a game sooner than he ever imagined.

This kid is going to do real well at TCU.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
That was a fine essay!

I sometimes lament, "Youth. It's wasted on the young." It is not wasted on this young man!

I am so proud!

maximilian

Aside from his run on sentences here and there, nothing but great stuff. Getting mentoring from one Tejay Johnson can do nothing but good things for a persons' character. Very excited about Griffin getting to campus!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I had no idea how many Language Police and PhDs in English Composition frequent this board...

Simply astounding!:rolleyes:

Purple Cavalier

This Blog is a window into the soul of a great kid. It wasn't written to be judged (crazy unfair to have done so). I can only wish him the best, and I hope he keeps his journal going.

staypurple12

This kind of authentic insight does not show up everyday when grading papers....the young man sounds like a solid student-athlete....

A side note....punctuation and spelling are seldom focused on anymore....the work is "graded" on content and structure...and definitely not penmanship

maximilian

A side note....punctuation and spelling are seldom focused on anymore....the work is "graded" on content and structure...and definitely not penmanship

Tell that to my History of Film or Media Analysis professors. I did fine, but others had their grades thrown to the wolves over grammar and other small details.

It really isn't a big deal, I think he writes this journal fine, for the most part. Just throws down thoughts as he recollects them. Not really an issue.

dkfrog

He is in the running for my new favorite frog after Kerley and Johnson leave...

It is amazing how this staff recruits great players with great character. I love being a Frog!