• The KillerFrogs

The Eagle-Tribune: 'Prime Time' puts stain on great day

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

'Prime Time' puts stain on great day​

Bill Burt

64f39ff2e3fdc.image.jpg

Where were you when you heard the final score of the University of Colorado-TCU game on Saturday afternoon?

I remember where I was – Portland, Maine, watching the Red Sox AA team, the Sea Dogs, hosting the Yankees AA team, the Somerset Patriots.

I remember because when I saw the score I said, “Oh my gosh!” and told a few people around me.

Deion Sanders’ Colorado Buffaloes’ team, 1-11 a year ago; beat a team, TCU; on their turf; on opening day; the same school that it to the NCAA championship in January.

Read the article at https://www.eagletribune.com/sports...cle_cfe1c3e2-4a90-11ee-882c-f7c911873be6.html

East Coast

Tier 1
OK, I didn't watch the press conference, so maybe Sanders went too much into his self promote mode, but that article read like an out of touch grandfather of mine from the 1960's.

FrogCop19

Thank goodness only half of the article loaded for me. I already watched that preening, self-praising narcissist post-game presser once. I was, however intrigued by the title ofbthe article. Everyone is talking about how he's a big-time coach now. Yes, he beat us. Yes we got out-coached and out-played and out-prepared.

But he's still a douchenozzle clown and talked all about himself, his past, his accomplishments. Did he ONCE mention how proud he was of the kids? How hard they worked? I sure don't remember it if he did. This was his chance to let them take center stage and praise them for how they did. But Neon Sanders never met a camera he didn't like.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Thank goodness only half of the article loaded for me. I already watched that preening, self-praising narcissist post-game presser once. I was, however intrigued by the title ofbthe article. Everyone is talking about how he's a big-time coach now. Yes, he beat us. Yes we got out-coached and out-played and out-prepared.

But he's still a douchenozzle clown and talked all about himself, his past, his accomplishments. Did he ONCE mention how proud he was of the kids? How hard they worked? I sure don't remember it if he did. This was his chance to let them take center stage and praise them for how they did. But Neon Sanders never met a camera he didn't like.
Classy winner he was not…

Wexahu

Classy winner he was not…
Any other coach out there says what he said in the way that he said it they'd be getting skewered and mocked by every non-Colorado fan out there. So he has his doubters. Well, the line forms to the left, Deion. You don't think Dykes had his doubters, hell, half our own fan base seemed to think he was a [ Finebaum ]ty hire. Imagine him conducting a press conference anything like that after last year's OU game.

He kept going like "do you believe now" to that one guy and the guy said, "you won", like what do you want me to say. Is every reporter supposed to this guy's fan and promoter now? Or are they supposed to do their job and impartially report on the game.

This world seems to love narcissistic self-promoters. Oh well. He won the game fair and square. Good job, Deion, we congratulated you. But I guess that's not enough.

Wexahu

He's already overexposed. Every third freakin' commercial during the games this week had Deion in it.

Funny thing about the media, though. They tear people down a whole lot quicker than they built them up.
The day is coming when on the big stage a gigantic egg is laid. Seasons are marathons. Careers are even longer marathons. Lots of things tend to get in the way. I honestly don't want to dislike the guy, but damn, it's almost impossible not to the way so many people admire the things about him that if it were almost any other person they would despise. I honestly don't really get it.

tjcoffice

I watched his press conference. e did praise a couple of his players, but as this article mentions, he did it in a wat=y that came back to Deion, like "I knew Dylan Edwards when before he was famous" - that sort of thing. Everything starts and ends with Deion. And that whole "receipts" thing is weird. He has won one game so far - it was a good one for him, yes - but it may be early to start the gloat train.

Sangria Wine

Maybe a guy should watch the whole press conference and not just listen to sound bites they don’t like. Prime is confident and trying to bring his kids to that level of confidence. I watched him praise players, praise Sonny, praise his staff, praise people who had believed in him/them and supported them a long time, made clear he expects them to improve, etc.

He called out a media member he didn’t like and you can say he shouldn’t do that but you damn sure can’t [ hundin] about that and then turn around and tell us all that calling out our individual players on this forum is ok.

Prime is going to try hard to keep it “them versus the world” just like Sonny did last year. It’s one of the most useful motivational angles there is. David vs Goliath. The underdogs nobody believes in. Prove people wrong. Play with a chip on your shoulder. We made a living on that most of the last 20 years around here. Now we are trying to learn to deal with prosperity and being the big time program and that is a heavy burden.

Diehard

I watched his press conference. e did praise a couple of his players, but as this article mentions, he did it in a wat=y that came back to Deion, like "I knew Dylan Edwards when before he was famous" - that sort of thing. Everything starts and ends with Deion. And that whole "receipts" thing is weird. He has won one game so far - it was a good one for him, yes - but it may be early to start the gloat train.
AND HE WON BY "3". JUST 3.