• The KillerFrogs

The Daily O'Collegian: Taylor's walk-off propels Cowboys to victory against TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The Daily O'Collegian: Taylor's walk-off propels Cowboys to victory against TCU

Wade Haugen, Staff Reporter, @wade_haugen

The clock had struck midnight long before Jake Taylor strode to the plate with a chance to end the game in the 11th inning and give Oklahoma State a much-needed victory to begin its series against No. 17 TCU.

The freshman catcher from Shawnee, Oklahoma, wanted to end the game, and did just that, singling up the middle to score Jon Littell and give the Cowboys a victory in game one of their crucial series with the Horned Frogs.

“I’m really thankful for the opportunity that’s been given to me (to play),” Taylor said. “You can tell Josh believes in me and I’m thankful for that. When he gives me the opportunity I try to make the most of it.”

Taylor caught all 11 innings in a game that lasted 4 hours and 51 minutes. Five of those innings he caught came from Brady Basso, who threw five shutout innings while striking out seven. He entered the game with an 0-3 record and a 7.20 ERA, which can be misleading.

Read more at http://www.ocolly.com/sports/taylor...cle_3891c56c-34b8-11e8-815e-73b1e9670dea.html