• The KillerFrogs

The Athletic-Post Spring CFB Top 25

peacock

https://theathletic.com/335462/2018/05/01/stewart-mandels-post-spring-college-football-top-25/

1. Alabama

2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Wisconsin
5. Washington
6. Georgia
7. Michigan State
8. TCU

The Horned Frogs quietly won 11 games last season. Jalen Reagor and KaVontae Turpin lead a loaded receiving corps that will help break in touted QB Shawn Robinson. TCU’s rebuilding O-line remains a concern coming out of spring. Gary Patterson should field another strong defense with DE Ben Banogu, LB Ty Summers and S Niko Small. DE L.J. Collier dominated the spring game.
9. Miami
10. Michigan
11. Oklahoma
19. Kansas State
20. West Virginia

Wexahu

I think we could have a really good team but I don't really get the "loaded receiving corps" thing that's being thrown around pretty regularly. Maybe I'm not seeing the obvious but I think we're stronger at RB, D-Line, Safety, and arguably CB than we are at WR, at least on paper.

4th. down

I think we could have a really good team but I don't really get the "loaded receiving corps" thing that's being thrown around pretty regularly. Maybe I'm not seeing the obvious but I think we're stronger at RB, D-Line, Safety, and arguably CB than we are at WR, at least on paper.

Tend to agree but we do have better potential than ever under GP. If Manning ever plays and then we have Barber and Hunt to join in, along with 2 good possession receivers, Stewart and Austin, we could be very good.

LeagueCityFrog

This is my thinking too with us at #8... Ohio State, OU, K-State, and Okie State all have to play in the state of Texas against us and all but K-State is breaking in a new QB. Fear Gary young QBs.....It's coming....

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
That is full on optimism. Even my optimistic ass thinks that is a tad aggressive. If only because it makes the assumption that the QB position turns out very good or better.

It's a reasonable assumption, but a little risky at this point.

LisaLT

Stewart doesn't seem to love West Virginia as much as the others do. I think I read on ESPN they might be the favorite to win the Big 12 this year.

Zubaz

That is full on optimism. Even my optimistic ass thinks that is a tad aggressive. If only because it makes the assumption that the QB position turns out very good or better.

It's a reasonable assumption, but a little risky at this point.
Ditto. College football is a QB sport, and the Big 12 especially relies very heavily on strong QB play. We might have that, but we might not. We just don't know. We've got some other pieces in place, but until we know how we replace the two most important parts of the offense (QB and O-Line), everything is just guessing.

MinFrog

Stronger at CB than WR? Go back to the Ohio state board.

Eight

Has anyone figured out to give Manning hamstring transplants so he can stay on the field?

the procedure is called john stephens jr., tevailance hunt, and taye barber

one nice thing depth has a tendency to do is resolve injury issues without a coach having to raise their voice

wow.....looked at the roster on gofrogs.com and while i don't know how many of these guys are ready to make an impact next year, but if there are strength in numbers this is the best position on the roster

15 scholarship receivers listed including derius davis

Last edited:

Wexahu

Stronger at CB than WR? Go back to the Ohio state board.

Yes. Gladney is going to be very good IMO and Lewis and James are a pretty good experienced #2 and #3. Throw in the young guys and it should be a very solid group.

Is that really all you’ve got, some lame tired Ohio State reference?