• The KillerFrogs

"That's the way football go."

hornedfrog17

I'm already exhausted from reading statements like "doesn't the team know what's at stake here?" Frustration ran high last night, but for crying out loud, are we really going to sit here and question whether or not the team was motivated to win this game?

I have some pretty good acquaintances on this team and I can assure you all, there was focus this week, unbelievable pressure with the festivities surrounding AGCS, and, above all else, a healthy appreciation for what it takes to stay on top in this fickle, silly system we have. Am I going to sit here and say that I'm pleased to wake up this morning and find Boise (likely) punching their ticket for the national championship game? Hell no! It kills me, but not to extent that I will accuse the best TCU team of the last 70 years of not knowing how to get it done. It was scary; really, really scary, and there were a few moments there in the fourth quarter where I felt like everything was going to cave in; we've all seen it before.

But then I remembered that this isn't TCU of years passed. Alas, we squeaked out our victory, and we are 11-0 for the second consecutive season, which three years ago would have been laughable to even the biggest TCU homer on this board. These guys have fought their tails off, and if we make it to another BCS game, I will be beside myself with pride and rooting hard to accomplish what we couldn't do last year-finish off a perfect season. If we win 13 games and have no losses, what else can we ask of ourselves?

College football is the only major competitive sport where teams have to put their fates in the hands of the teams that they've already beaten! How ridiculous is that?!?! In all honesty, Utah hurt us much, much more than SDSU. It's a sad state of affairs when we can't secure a great victory without worrying about what that team will do to us the rest of the year. I'm disappointed, but I'm proud-and for all of you college freshmen that think this is the end of the world, someday you'll experience what it is to have a truly mediocre season, and then you might understand why this is so special.

57Frog

HF17 please ....Sentences and paragraphs . It's so much easier to read .
Man you got some kind of education ,surely . PLEASE .

hornedfrog17

HF17 please ....Sentences and paragraphs . It's so much easier to read .
Man you got some kind of education ,surely . PLEASE .
What a valuable reply! Furthermore, if you're going to criticize my education, please do it yourself instead of letting your third grader type it out. If you have trouble reading, perhaps a forum isn't the best place for you.

57Frog

What a valuable reply! Furthermore, if you're going to criticize my education, please do it yourself instead of letting your third grader type it out. If you have trouble reading, perhaps a forum isn't the best place for you.

I typed it myself . That's probably my best .
I didn't mean to offend you . That's why I put the please in there . Sorry about that .
I was interested in what you had to say .
Go Frogs

hornedfrog17

I typed it myself . That's probably my best .
I didn't mean to offend you . That's why I put the please in there . Sorry about that .
I was interested in what you had to say .
Go Frogs

My apologies...that was overly defensive. Still a little on edge! All Frog Fans are my allies!

57FROG-

Original post edited!
wink.gif
GO FROGS!