• The KillerFrogs

Texas Tech 2007

roddog

Banned
chongo wrote:

Honestly....I don't think it will happen but I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen so I would prepare. I do hate LBK but I still support Tech. I really don't think Harrell is the answer plus alot of the wrs are green. With Todd transfering, all that's left behind harrell is Potts, who could be awesome, another BJ Symons type imo but you never know. Not sold on the O-Line (course they were great last year and harrell just made them look bad bc he took so long to throw it) and losing Dykes as OC is going to hurt somewhat I think.

Don't get me started on the defense...as long as Lyle is there, I'll never be sold on Tech's defense. Thankfully Stratton is no longer there so maybe the middle won't get pushed back 5-6 yards every play. The secondary should be pretty good imo.

Overall, I think this is going to be a long consistently inconsistent up and down season for Tech. In other words...more of the same that we have come to know and understand over the past 12 years.

I really don't like Leach as much as I used to anymore. He has a fundamental flaw when it comes to coaching and recruiting....he ignores the defense. Plus, I really don't think Tech recruits as well as anyone thinks.

Just my opinion though

the defense is always scetchy, and i hate lyle as much as the rest, as far as our backup, id take potts over most backups out there, harrell hasnt done much for me either but he is young, he has and arm but he is either scared to run, or is one of the worse scrambling qbs i have ever seen, that has been the difference between him, and bj, cumbie, and others. I hear our line is huge.

anyway lets hope they dont have their yearly fup at smu, living in the metroplex that would suck

Chongo94

I think SMU may do failry well for them this year.

I've watched a few throwarounds bw the qbs and wrs and didn't like what i saw. Everyone looked out of sorts and timing was off....course it was just some informal things and everyone could have been messing around but it didn't look good if they were being serious.

roddog

Banned
QUOTE(Chongo94 @ Aug 22 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]25894[/snapback]
I think SMU may do failry well for them this year.

I've watched a few throwarounds bw the qbs and wrs and didn't like what i saw. Everyone looked out of sorts and timing was off....course it was just some informal things and everyone could have been messing around but it didn't look good if they were being serious.

i think the line is that largest in america, pro or college, id say after 1 game they look pretty solid, u going to utep