• The KillerFrogs

teabag on raiderpower?

First Tee Frog

saw this on a thread about Jon Lewis and it has all the hallmark's of a teabag post...glad to see he bothers everyone

Posted: Today 10:15 PM

Re: Jon Lewis Decommit
Suuuuuuure, he wasnt wanted by Okie St anymore !! Suuuuuuuure !! Keep telling yourself that.

Word from teammates is that Lewis eliminated Okie State, not your version.

You do know that CAL, MICHIGAN, OREGON, and ARIZONA are all making 11th hour recruiting blitzes to Lewis, right? You did know that right? Lewis is a great TTech recruit. I hate to lose him.
Alabama offered him too, and they only offer guys who are very very big time talent. This guy is going to be a HUGE TALENT on the DLine at the college level. Very very big time ! Alabama doesnt offer average guys. Neither does OREGON, and OREGON is desperate to get him, even now and they still want to pursue him and have a date scheduled to talk to him again. Ducks have him (and have had him for the past 6 months) as their # 1 High School DT recruit target. He is also Arizona's # 1 DT recruit target, and Michigan's current # 1 DT target !! All those schools are desperate to get him and he is # 1 on their list. He is currently Alabama's # 2 High School DT target.

You obviously dont have the first clue what is going on with Lewis, but he is red-hot in Pac 10 circles and the top Pac 10 teams are tripping all over themselves just trying to get Lewis to listen to their pitch. Oregon still wants him very very badly and they are feverishly trying to set up another last ditch, last minute, recruiting pitch to Lewis even though he is committed to Tcu now. Arizona and Cal are still after him too (even though he de-committed Cal earlier), and are trying to match Oregon's effforts. Lewis is very very hot and Michigan is in contact with his HS Coach as well, for a last minute attempt to snag him. Unbelievable. Oregon thinks he is one of the most underrated DTs ever in the State of Texas. After looking at the films, they think he should be a 5 star DT.

I dont think TTech is out of this yet. Tcu has him now, but CAL and TTECH have had him before too.

I feel kind of sorry for the teams playing Tcu in the future. Frogs will have a sick DLine ! Let's look at the DTs just in this yr's recruiting class (who will join Tcu's sensational First Team Freshman All American Def End and Mountain West Conf Defensive Player of the Year, DE Stansley Maponga, to form one of the Top Defensive lines in the nation for the next 4 years:

DT JON LEWIS 6'3"/270 (3 star)
(nationally ranked DT, with a fabulous offer list)
(# 1 High School DT target of Michigan, Oregon, Arizona, Cal, and # 2 DT target of Alabama)
offers:
Alabama
Tcu
Oregon
Michigan
Cal
Arizona
Colorado St
Texas Tech
Iowa St
Houston
Tulsa
Baylor
Oklahoma St

DT CHUCK HUNTER 6'2"/300 (4 star)
(Top 25 ranked DT in nation, Top 25 recruit in State)
# 1 DT recruit target of Ole Miss, Tcu, Illinois, Mizzou, Okie St, Baylor, and Miss St)
offers:
Mississippi
Lsu
Tcu
Illinois
Oklahoma St
Missouri
Memphis
Mississippi St
Houston
Baylor
Tulsa
Louisiana Tech

DT DAVION PIERSON 6'2"/310 (3 star)
(nationally ranked, Top 25 recruit in State, labeled as "one of the most athletic and quick 300 lb
High School DTs in the nation", by two recruiting services)
(# 1 DT recruit target of Kansas St, Houston, Kansas, Smu, Tulsa, and # 2 DT target of Arizona, and Mizzou)
offers:
Kansas St
Arizona
Tcu
Kansas
Missouri
Houston
Smu
Tulsa

PurplePutt

I almost posted that too. Glad I looked further down. Response was to a Okie State poster who said Lewis' stock had dropped. I hate to agree with him but froggiepants got it right.