• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs WVU

cheese83

sheetman aka said:
So much for improving on last years win total, WVU is a low tier Big 12 team and only Texas Tech is worse than WVU

Will take a miracle to win 3 conference games
We should have won, free throws cost us. Glad you're giving up already.

Limey Frog

cheese83 said:
We should have won, free throws cost us. Glad you're giving up already.
This team has a few surprise wins in it, I think. Better FTs, fewer silly fouls/tickey-tac calls, and a few more offensive boards would have made a huge difference today. We can't get any deeper this year, but I'd be willing to wager that CTJ will continue to improve their fundamentals.

Dogfrog

sheetman aka said:
So much for improving on last years win total, WVU is a low tier Big 12 team and only Texas Tech is worse than WVU

Will take a miracle to win 3 conference games
Low info post.

MTfrog5 said:
Free throws and allowing 18 offensive rebounds killed them. This team has a few surprise wins in them this year.
This is the stat of the game, unfortunately. We outshot WVU 47-40%, but the second and third chances we gave them were the difference.

Impressive games from Fields and Parrish. Need to keep Shepherd out of foul trouble.

Horned Toad

Just got back from the game. We allowed too many rebounds to WV and when we lost Anderson the game was over because nobody took charge of the team or the game. That WV PG took over the game and we couldn't stop him. I think the refs had some phantom calls on us and missed a few others but they didn't impact the game too much in either teams favor. We just weren't making enough shots and didn't have much of an inside presence. We won't win many games playing like that and if Williams doesn't step up his game when Anderson is on the bench then teams are just going to focus on Anderson and take him out and the Frogs become one dimensional because we don't have any shooters. Our freshmen looked decent tonight but WV players really just pushed them around at will. We got a long way to go. However, it sure is fun watching this team grow. Kind of reminds me of Killer's early teams before they got good.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
The Frogs gave this game away, plain and simple. They missed at least five free throws in the 2nd half, had at least three What the Heck? turnovers, and were killed on the offensive boards by WV. Every time they cut it to two points it seemed like they backed off the inside and allowed an easy lay-up, or a missed lay-up with an offensive rebound to score.
I think the post above over-estimates what losing Anderson cost us, we kept getting within two and then couldn't make a stop. He is correct that WV pushed our players around at will, but that's on the refs and will probably continue for the rest of the conference schedule.

nytexan70

Young team we are probably one year away from competing and winning in this conference. I believe though we will be in many games to the final buzzer. Never seemed that this game was out of hand until last few minutes.

ReedFrawg

I thought the O/U on conf wins before this game was 4. I don't see any way we win more than 3. Just not enough talent and certainly not enough size.

boonecountyman

TCU is young and lacks bench strength.WVU is also young but has more experience than the Frogs.We have 2 big men sitting out this year so we really are a year away from competing for a title.TCU will win some games when least expected.I thought it was a very competitive game.This is a tough conference to play in,so don't be so down on your team.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
boonecountyman said:
TCU is young and lacks bench strength.WVU is also young but has more experience than the Frogs.We have 2 big men sitting out this year so we really are a year away from competing for a title.TCU will win some games when least expected.I thought it was a very competitive game.This is a tough conference to play in,so don't be so down on your team.

"Competitive game" is total BS.
We should have won this game with the players available. Period. I'm sure the coach feels the same way.
Being "competitive" doesn't cut it, especially at home. They gave this one away.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Just watched the game. Frogs played well overall. Damn the missed FTs and some bad shot selections, missed threes in that stretch, foul trouble, Fields might not be in full shape. Still had a chance to win. Great HD picture and loved hearing Sham do PBP. Overall was a good game to watch just wish we could have knocked them off. Good job Frogs.

Dogfrog

Frog Wild said:

"Competitive game" is total BS.
We should have won this game with the players available. Period. I'm sure the coach feels the same way.
Being "competitive" doesn't cut it, especially at home. They gave this one away.
Come on man. The opponents fan comes here and makes a reasonable post and this is all you can come up with? Were you raised in a barn?

blakespop

I was there also and the difference in the team year over year is nothing short of fantastic. I agree that we basically gave this game away with missed FT and stupid turnovers but man they are light years ahead of last year. I think there will be some surprise W's this year as well. Just a side note, the short bald ref was awful! I mean awful! I can recall three calls that just slammed the door on our momentum ( not saying we were jobbed, just that was the result of the call). We will grow as a team and get better, I really like what Coach J has done with this team in such a short time.

One more thing: When are we going to address the attendance issues? It's embarrassing to have as many opposing team fans as Frogs. Not trying to start a heated debate just remarking on the awful attendance when tickets were $5.00 and it was the conference opener.

Go Frogs!
Shane Becknell

HToady

I was there too. I saw a WVU team get an upset road win over TCU because of poor free throws and rebounding.

You people on here that are satisfied with this must have gotten a lot of participation ribbons growing up.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
HToady said:
I was there too. I saw a WVU team get an upset road win over TCU because of poor free throws and rebounding.

You people on here that are satisfied with this must have gotten a lot of participation ribbons growing up.
Happy to a more competiive team. We are not winning the Big XII this year. This is about continued improvement especially of the freshmen, getting healthy and our bigs and transfers. We are not just playing for the now. Big picture.

Latest posts