• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Vanderbilt Baseball

LeagueCityFrog

It is time for the tide to turn the other way and have good times again as a Frog fan in the big 3 sports. Quick reminder, we have had two awful football seasons the last two years and the highlight being beating a bad Cal football team in the Cheez-it Bowl that had like 7 or 9 turnovers. Basketball was picked 10th out of 10 in the Big XII basketball poll, finished 7th and choked in at least 4 games this year that knocked themselves out of the tournament. Baseball was awful two seasons ago and not all that stellar last season until we were "gifted" the last NCAA tournament spot by Chris Del Conte on the baseball selection committee. Long story short, it hasn't been fun and this past weekend is a great mini example of what's gone on the last 24 months and there has been more than enough money spent on TCU Athletics by the alums. Let's win some championships again!

Pharm Frog

It is time for the tide to turn the other way and have good times again as a Frog fan in the big 3 sports. Quick reminder, we have had two awful football seasons the last two years and the highlight being beating a bad Cal football team in the Cheez-it Bowl that had like 7 or 9 turnovers. Basketball was picked 10th out of 10 in the Big XII basketball poll, finished 7th and choked in at least 4 games this year that knocked themselves out of the tournament. Baseball was awful two seasons ago and not all that stellar last season until we were "gifted" the last NCAA tournament spot by Chris Del Conte on the baseball selection committee. Long story short, it hasn't been fun and this past weekend is a great mini example of what's gone on the last 24 months and there has been more than enough money spent on TCU Athletics by the alums. Let's win some championships again!

If you think the baseball team two years ago was awful you have no idea what awful college baseball looks like. And last year’s team made it to the finals of a regional against a protected seed. Doesn’t seem like under-performance to me.

flyfishingfrog

If you think the baseball team two years ago was awful you have no idea what awful college baseball looks like. And last year’s team made it to the finals of a regional against a protected seed. Doesn’t seem like under-performance to me.
I actually think based on the way we played during the season, the team over achieved in the post season

we are two consistent hitters away from something special this year - just not sure we have anyone that can step up but I sure hope a couple of the first 7 guys can find a way to hit a fastball

Pharm Frog

I actually think based on the way we played during the season, the team over achieved in the post season

we are two consistent hitters away from something special this year - just not sure we have anyone that can step up but I sure hope a couple of the first 7 guys can find a way to hit a fastball

We win this game with Wolfe in the lineup IMO but if Henry doesn’t figure it out and soon it’s gonna be rough. I’m very dubious that Hump can continue this pace.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I enjoyed the hell out of beating Texas in football this year. Just as an example.

If you expect championship type seasons every year you need to lower your expectations. Nobody does that in all three sports every year. Most not even two sports. Or one.

flyfishingfrog

We win this game with Wolfe in the lineup IMO but if Henry doesn’t figure it out and soon it’s gonna be rough. I’m very dubious that Hump can continue this pace.
I agree

Henry and Brown are both the biggest headshakers to me right now - it is not like they are getting a steady diet of breaking balls - they are being sent to the dugout on fastballs

berryfrog95

We just can’t have nice things.

losing 2 one-run games is typical TCU lately....

we were 5 total points/runs from a perfect weekend, however we end up with a crap weekend 1-2 in baseball and a debacle at the Scholl, wow

LeagueCityFrog

I enjoyed the hell out of beating Texas in football this year. Just as an example.

If you expect championship type seasons every year you need to lower your expectations. Nobody does that in all three sports every year. Most not even two sports. Or one.

Well I will point out Texas Tech has figured out how to win both men's basketball and baseball conference championships and Iowa State has figured out how to embarrass TCU in football in two of three football seasons. The game they lost to us in 2018 was at the Carter and we barely won and they did not have their starting quarterback. Iowa State has also found a way to beat OU in Norman along the two year time period. TCU Alums pay good money and we are overdue for a Big 3 Sport conference champion.

My hope is that Schloss salvages this California trip with a win at San Diego State tomorrow then sweeps the remaining games this coming weekend, TCU men's basketball wins 2 tourney games and makes it as a host for the NIT games, and our defensive ends and wide receivers get better over this spring ball. All I know for sure is that the East Side expansion is going to be lights out compared to other facilities nation wide and I'm ready for TCU Big 3 Sports to win some championships again.

tcumaniac

Long season. Great experience for a team with a lot of new faces.

Sure. Going 1-2 was not how I hoped this weekend would go, but we proved we can compete with and beat some of the best teams in the country. Certainly have some things to work on and a few kinks to iron out, but still tons of potential to have a very special baseball season.

Can’t believe I feel like I’m having to be the optimist of this board lately.

Westsider

I really enjoyed the weekend. My only beef is watching a .120 hitter constantly taking the first strike and getting behind in the count almost every AB. Swing kid.

BABYFACE

Bad, Bad TCU sports weekend.... I don't care if we beat the #2 UCLA team. It's been tough cheering for the Frogs this school year in men's sports. Chokeville.
Overreaction? Baseball kicking butt so far thus season. So, they lost today. It’s baseball, you don’t win them all.

As for basketball, TCU was picked to finish last, most here had them only pegged to win only 2 to 3 conference games. They finished tied for 7th with 7 conference wins. Not a season to celebrate but they exceeded expectations albeit low ones. I am not saying this is fine with me, but just pointing it out.