• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Texas Tech MBB Game

An-Cap Frog

Yeah, I think we were 18-21 at one point. FT shooting was fine, actually, it was just that our fair share of misses were concentrated down the stretch instead of evenly throughout. 75% is fine. In recent years we've regularly had nights where we barely went 50%. That's unacceptable. Last night was quite satisfactory.
Someone on X pointed out that it feels like our clutch free throw percentage is a lot lower than it should be. Of course Coles stepped up to the line and knocked his down.

Been thinking about this for a while now. It came to me after watching Shaq shoot free throws. What if they changed the rules so teams have the option to shoot free throws or get the ball back?

Why should offense get penalized by getting fouled?

It deprives the team from a three point attempt. It makes game really boring and slows down the game.

Everyone hates the intentional fouling at end of games too.

In college a 1 and 1 is like a turnover if they miss the first free throw. Whole possession wasted due to getting fouled!

What does the board think?

Limey Frog

Been thinking about this for a while now. It came to me after watching Shaq shoot free throws. What if they changed the rules so teams have the option to shoot free throws or get the ball back?

It deprives the team from a three point attempt. It makes game really boring and slows down the game.

In college a 1 and 1 is like a turnover if they miss the first free throw. Whole possession wasted due to getting fouled!

I like it. You can wave off a penalty in football in most cases.

I like your “outside the box” thought.

I dislike the 1 and 1, having to make the first free throw to get the second free throw attempt. Why should the fouled team get penalized with a lousy free throw shooter now having to go to the line and make the first one.

Yes, it flips the reward 180, maybe a nonsensical rule. A 1 and 1 is like a turnover if the first free throw is missed. A flipped possession due to getting fouled.

Some may dislike the intentional fouling at end of games, but it adds drama, having the chance for the trailing team to pull out a win because the other can’t convert free throws. I could maybe do without it though.

But it wouldn’t have to be all or nothing, the end of the game could stay the same, but during the meat of the game, you could have that option to avoid having to shoot the 1 and 1 with a lousy shooter at the line.

Last edited:

Horned Toad

StinnettFrog

It sounded like they were chanting Pedo, Pedo and No means No!

No means no. My wife looked it up. I guess he has an accusation of sexual assault or something

Horned Toad

No means no. My wife looked it up. I guess he has an accusation of sexual assault or something
Apparently. Check out the link to the lawsuit story in my post. Ouch, what a dumbass jerk if the allegations are true. I can’t imagine going through the rest of my college career with that chant being shouted at me. If true, he deserves it.

helcap

High Schools have eliminated the one and one. When you reach the bonus all common fouls are two shots. This was passed last April, so "next year" is the current season

Beginning next year, high school basketball teams will shoot two free throws for common fouls when in the “bonus.” This change to Rule 4-8-1 eliminates the one-and-one scenario and sets new foul limits each quarter for awarding the bonus free throw.

Rules changes were approved by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Basketball Rules Committee at its annual meeting April 24-26 in Indianapolis. The recommendations were subsequently approved by the NFHS Board of Directors.

In addition to awarding two foul shots for all common fouls, teams will reach the bonus when their opponent commits five fouls in each quarter and team fouls will reset at the end of each quarter. Previously, teams were awarded the one-and-one bonus when their opponents committed seven fouls in a half and two foul shots when 10 fouls were committed each half.

https://www.nfhs.org/articles/free-...2023-24-high-school-basketball-rules-changes/

An-Cap Frog

High Schools have eliminated the one and one. When you reach the bonus all common fouls are two shots. This was passed last April, so "next year" is the current season

Beginning next year, high school basketball teams will shoot two free throws for common fouls when in the “bonus.” This change to Rule 4-8-1 eliminates the one-and-one scenario and sets new foul limits each quarter for awarding the bonus free throw.

Rules changes were approved by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Basketball Rules Committee at its annual meeting April 24-26 in Indianapolis. The recommendations were subsequently approved by the NFHS Board of Directors.

In addition to awarding two foul shots for all common fouls, teams will reach the bonus when their opponent commits five fouls in each quarter and team fouls will reset at the end of each quarter. Previously, teams were awarded the one-and-one bonus when their opponents committed seven fouls in a half and two foul shots when 10 fouls were committed each half.

https://www.nfhs.org/articles/free-...2023-24-high-school-basketball-rules-changes/
I noticed that this year here in Illinois. Of course there is still no shot clock here...ugh.