• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Texas MBB Game Thread

Virginia Frog

Now, just no let down when in Okieland on Saturday.

Don't need to run up the score just a solid win that will put the team in the best position for the B12 Tourney.

A losing record of 14-17 likely leaves the OUers out of ANY post-season tournament.:p

UT doosh was complaining about a call and I yelled something about they've been getting calls all night. He chirped back and I said something g about 80 yrs of entitlement crumbling down. We chirped back and forth and then his teenage kid flipped me off. A few UT people apologized on his behalf....which sucked bc I want to picture them all as assfucks but there actually are a few good folks that come out of Austin.

Eight

great win, game reminded me a great deal of this season in that they hit some bumps in the middle to back part of the game, had some ugly moments, and there are definitely a few "if only they had" thoughts, but in the end they are coming out headed in the right direction, can't undo the past, but there is definitely potential going forward

agree on the game in norman, go get that win, continue building momentum back up, play a few games in the tournament, let lampkin get more minutes, and then go do some damage in the tournament

as pointed out the frogs crushed texas on the boards, another big key was the defensive jobs on carr and allen. timmy allen only got 5 shots in that game which was just as big as holding carr to his poor night shooting

LVH

Just beat a top 5/10 team w a massive goose egg laid by our top player while doing it. Not a bad night overall.
I don't think he laid an egg, UT defense just ran a box and one or triangle and two against Miles all game

They used to do the same to Steph Curry when he played at Davidson, that just meant other teammates were open all game

drizzle

OK so how is it a charge? How is being on top of Miles legal guarding position? Miles has a right to move laterally.
Defender establishes legal guarding position (2 feet down, facing ball handler & between him & basket) before Miles drives. To maintain, defender can move laterally, obliquely, or backwards. Defender keeps legal position until dribbler gets head & shoulders past defender’s torso.

So to your last point, Miles does not have a right to move laterally if the defender gets to the spot first. Doesn’t need to be set & can still be moving, just get to the spot on the floor first.

There were others calls to quibble over (as there will always be) but that one was obviously correct.

Dogfrog

I was at the game but would love to watch a replay or even highlights. Can’t find any. Even ESPN+ says I don’t have access.

StinnettFrog

We had some horrible turnovers, but there were at least two times they called the ball out on us that it was pretty obviously wrong. Frogs played good enough to win, but tried like hell to give it away. Great crowd last night, really an enjoyable atmosphere for the last home game.

Last edited: