• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs OU Game 2

FrogBall09

Bishop or Byrne will hit into a double play at a big moment.
Neither one of them have a swing capable of taking the outside pitch the opposite way without some hand flip - so when they are in a position where they have to put the ball in play, they end up rolling over on the outside pitch trying to pull it and it results in a grounder to a middle infielder- thus the high percentage of DPs

Unfortunately it’s really easy to identify the issue and really difficult to fix at this point of the year - going to need the off-season and lots intentional reps.

I am not a “hitting guru” by any means and suffered from some of the same problem my freshman year at TCU - but I think Byrnes sets up in a deficit position because his hands are so low. Shortens his swing but makes his swing really handsy and thus prone to rollovers

Last edited:

PurpleBlood87

Neither one of them have a swing capable of taking the outside pitch the opposite way - so when they are in a position where they have to put the ball in play, they end up rolling over on the outside pitch trying to pull it and it results in a grounder to a middle infielder- thus the high percentage of DPs

Unfortunately it’s really easy to identify the issue and really difficult to fix at this point of the year - going to need the off-season and lots intentional reps.

I am not a “hitting guru” by any means and suffered from some of the same problem my freshman year at TCU - but I think Byrnes sets up in a deficit position because his hands are so low. Shortens his swing but makes his swing really handsy and thus prone to rollovers

It just seems these two come up a lot in double play situations.

hometown frog

Neither one of them have a swing capable of taking the outside pitch the opposite way without some hand flip - so when they are in a position where they have to put the ball in play, they end up rolling over on the outside pitch trying to pull it and it results in a grounder to a middle infielder- thus the high percentage of DPs

I think Bishops is all approach. He seems to be trying to knock down the outfield fence in the pull side gap every single swing. Makes him susceptible to the breaker every AB. When he’s on, he’s driving balls to RC more.