• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs OU common opponents

FROG PARENTS 1961

I know that OU whipped us last time and probably could have won by a lot more, but if you look at the whole season, I think we are the better team and it will show next Saturday.

OSU: TCU - 13, OU -10
KSU: TCU - 20, OU -7
KU: TCU - 43, OU -38
UT: TCU - 17, OU -5
Tech: TCU -24, OU -22
Baylor: TCU -23, BU -8

I refuse to go into the game thinking we’re going to lose. Screw OU and Screw Baker Mayfield. We had a really bad game, but it won’t happen again. We are the better team with a better coach and will beat those pricks next Saturday!
also both common losers against Iowa State. TCU lost the game somehow, but controlled the statistics rushing for 172 at 5.1 per carry Iowa State 53 yards 1.6 per. TCU out gained them in per pass completion per catch. Doubled the yards per touch on kickoffs but lost out on the referee part with phantom calls and I saw nothing calls for Iowa State by the amount of 11 for 104 to 4 for 35. Same could be said for Okla but was eaten alive in the passing department by the Cyclones.

Iowa State TCU lost by 7 Okla lost by 7
WVU TCU -7 OKLA currently winning 45-17 early 3rd Q

asleep003

I know that OU whipped us last time and probably could have won by a lot more, but if you look at the whole season, I think we are the better team and it will show next Saturday.

OSU: TCU - 13, OU -10
KSU: TCU - 20, OU -7
KU: TCU - 43, OU -38
UT: TCU - 17, OU -5
Tech: TCU -24, OU -22
Baylor: TCU -23, BU -8

I refuse to go into the game thinking we’re going to lose. Screw OU and Screw Baker Mayfield. We had a really bad game, but it won’t happen again. We are the better team with a better coach and will beat those pricks next Saturday!

OU's D didn't have to play against WVU's B12 3rd most productive QB Saturday.
Maybe you could put all the above in front of the committee, if you can figure out a way, and if we beat OU.

Last edited:

SoonerGrad

The frogs have to play a nearly perfect game to win on Saturday. Oklahoma shut it down in the 2nd half last time. Could have easily won by 40. Oklahoma has the better team and the best player in the country. TCU needs to play perfect to win.

frogtown

The frogs have to play a nearly perfect game to win on Saturday. Oklahoma shut it down in the 2nd half last time. Could have easily won by 40. Oklahoma has the better team and the best player in the country. TCU needs to play perfect to win.

Nothing but the facts man....bake is that you?!?

FrogLifeYo

We've played from behind twice all year and those are our 2 losses. Common sense says we need to start fast and try and get a lead. From there we play slow, shorten the game, and keep Baker off the field.

FrogLifeYo

Sooners are a 6 win team without Baker...

ETXFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
TCU is the better team, but obviously not when we suffer key injuries. With Turpin out and Song on the bench our special teams won’t be considered a threat unless Reagor or White breaks a long run or houses a punt/kickoff. Vince has been doing a good job with PATs but we need to find a kicker that can hit 40+ FGs before next weekend (Hatfield looked good in warmups).

On Defense we’re better than OU hands down, but without Anderson and Morris our offense makes their D look like a top unit. So the key to this game will come down to our offense if we go three and out constantly, don’t test them downfield, attack just the sidelines and concede the center of the defense, and fail to run with any amount of success we’re going to lose badly.

However, I think Morris plays 75% this weekend, Sewo has found his groove, and Hill will be 100% ready to work the middle of the field with Stewart, Slanina, and White. And I expect Porter and Williams to fill in for Turpin and give us two big targets to help pick apart the Sooner DBs.

I feel a lot better about this game than the first go around in Norman.

Frogs win by 3 scores.

Agreed, If we just use the passing game as an extension of the running game with multiple screen passes we are in trouble. To win this game the coaches are gonna have to give Kenny a longer leash and let him throw over the middle / downfield.

FrogLifeYo

Didn't we trail 9-0 to Baylor or were we just playing so bad at the start it felt like we were behind?

If I'm not mistaken, ISU and OU were the only teams all year to have a lead at the half against us..

We are very salty when taking a lead to the locker room

Sebastian S

A 2-point lead at half is “never in doubt”?

Also, we trailed SMU until right before half with an amazing Hail Mary.

I think we all knew we were the better team against SMU and Baylor, we pulled away comfortably at the end.

Even against ISU, we were moving the ball, just couldn't score from the red zone.

I was more worried about the OSU game than Baylor or SMU.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

I was told on this board that Morris being out was not a big deal :) I think he played one series last game and we went 90 yds. The guy completely changes our Oline
It is a mix of him back in and AS back at his true position. And the others. They do what they were born to do ... kick Mayfield and take names.

TCURiggs

Agreed, If we just use the passing game as an extension of the running game with multiple screen passes we are in trouble. To win this game the coaches are gonna have to give Kenny a longer leash and let him throw over the middle / downfield.

Kenny had some nice throws over the middle on Saturday... fired a few darts in tight windows. His whole game (and Sewo's) was encouraging for this weekend, IMO.

Now, if our OL gets worked by Lampkin and his buddies again, it probably won't even matter. We had no chance with the way we got dominated up front, on both sides of the ball really. I'm betting we'll see a much better effort this weekend, though. I'm glad we're pretty much back at full-strength (besides Anderson, obviously).