• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Oklahoma State Big Xii tourney thread

OmniscienceFrog

Did you not watch St. Mary's last night?

No idea why so many think slow pace = low scoring unwatchable no offense basketball

Virginia is #1 in NET and KenPom and has the slowest pace in college basketball
Slow pace vs fast pace has nothing to do with it. St Mary's and Virginia may be able to play and win at a slow pace. TCU isn't worth a [ Finebaum ] playing at a slow pace. Now they aren't worth a [ Finebaum ] playing at a fast pace quite often, but they are better at it than when they try to play half court, milk the clock basketball.

Last edited:

Atomic Frawg

I get it. But I honestly don't think he have been outclassed by any team in the conference. When we play up to potential we can beat anyone in the conference. When we don't, we look foolish at times. The only thing we are consistent at is being inconsistent.
Good post but I'm pretty sure you missed the point of Moose's post. Actually, I'm quite certain.
Was he calling a blowout for us, or we get blownout? With this team, neither would surprise me. Help me out...my mind still isn't right.

Last edited:

Christcu

This pretty much sums up the season in a nutshell.

We barely pull it out and we’re barely good enough to squeak in the tourney.

P.S. ARob should never attempt a dunk in a game again. And he should barely try to do it at the end of pre-game, that’s not his game. Do it after graduation.
Could be worse....20 wins!!!!

Froggish

Slow pace vs fast pace has nothing to do with it. St Mary's and Virginia may be able to play and win at a slow pace. TCU isn't worth a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] playing at a slow pace. Now they aren't worth a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] playing at a fast pace quite often, but they are better at it than when they try to play half court, milk the clock basketball.
To play at a slow pace you have shoot a high percentage, execute well in the half court, and lock people down defensively..We’ve only done those things in tiny spurts...We need to put up a lot of shots and rebound well to win games

Rose Bowl

It’s not about playing fast or slow as much as we just seem to try to run the clock out. We just need to run the offense like we did in the first half but after we use 15-20 seconds. It seems like when we slow down all we do is let ARob dribble around and then hope to find a shot of any kind. We need to value the ball more and become more efficient offensively if we can this late in the season.

Eight

this game summed up the season and reminds me of those damn ancient greek plays we had to read in high school,

the one's that no matter what the hero tries to make sure things don't go sideways only to run right into the [ Finebaum ]

seriously it has to be the fates that caused noi to go from the player he was in the first half to a player who looked lost in the second

it is the only way i can explain alex making some of the passes he did in the first half and then him shooting a wide open, uncontested layup all the way across the basket and touch no rim.

a team that plays good defense for roughly 25 minutes or so seems to lose all focus despite multiple upper class men on the floor.

it had to be the most ting and yang game of the season. for all the beauty in some moments it was coupled with moments of complete lack of focus and play that bordered on selfish

glad they won and wish them the best against k state

Latest posts