• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs DBU

Pharm Frog

Pitching did it's job again. It is still baffling to me (but not surprising anymore) that we have made no progress at all in hitting off-speed pitching. It seems that any guy from the Mansfield Slow-Pitch Beer League would give us fits... Still....when a fella scores from second on a WP after moving from first to second on a WP, it's not likely that the baseball gods are smiling on you. And then just to really tick them off, we walk a lead off man in advance of the nation's leader in doubles. But when you tally a whopping three hits, lose a critical baserunner, and should have lost another that ended up scoring, I can't blame the pitching.

Alas...this is 2011 TCU baseball. And I think I'm ready to admit that DBU is a better team than us. Not saying we can't or won't come back and win this regional (which I think is about 50-50 at this point), but they've done what no other team has done...swept us three games. They may not be better baseball players, but they seem like a better team.

Radio Frogger

Pitching did it's job again. It is still baffling to me (but not surprising anymore) that we have made no progress at all in hitting off-speed pitching. It seems that any guy from the Mansfield Slow-Pitch Beer League would give us fits... Still....when a fella scores from second on a WP after moving from first to second on a WP, it's not likely that the baseball gods are smiling on you. And then just to really tick them off, we walk a lead off man in advance of the nation's leader in doubles. But when you tally a whopping three hits, lose a critical baserunner, and should have lost another that ended up scoring, I can't blame the pitching.

Alas...this is 2011 TCU baseball. And I think I'm ready to admit that DBU is a better team than us. Not saying we can't or won't come back and win this regional (which I think is about 50-50 at this point), but they've done what no other team has done...swept us three games. They may not be better baseball players, but they seem like a better team.

I count 4 teams who last year made their way through the losers bracket to win a Regional, so like you said it's not impossible

Thanks to the posters that put up the "play by play". I appreciate it.

No problem, happy to help

frogbyproxy

Coach needs to take a deep breath and then take the players into the locker room and let them take a pick of last years games to watch. The team last year was relaxed and enjoyed each game. This year they really don't show any life. Just need to go out and play a game relaxed and have fun. It will all fall into place if they just believe. Sorry but I still believe we can do it! Just relax!

Go Frogs!

Pharm Frog

It would be interesting to know what level of meltdown is occuring in Austin right now as Texas falls to Kent State and now is in the same situation as us, and Rice....

They just beat the number two and one seed back to back. They are playing with an edge right now. We need a big game out of wink tomorrow afternoon.

jake102

It would be interesting to know what level of meltdown is occuring in Austin right now as Texas falls to Kent State and now is in the same situation as us, and Rice....

It would be a lot more interesting if we weren't in the hole also. I'm way more concerned about the [Craig James] poor baseball we are playing than what Texas is doing. Sometimes I do think people on here are completely obsessed with Texas.

First Tee Frog

after watching the way they celebrated I think we can come back and beat them 2 in a row. they think they have already won the thing. have to win the first one against ORU but I think we can come back and get this thing.

by the way...anyone in section J with me get just about sick of the DBU dad talking trash on every pitch? makes me extremely glad I don't live in dallas. grade A [Craig James}

AggieFrog

Frogs can definitely come back, but it's a very tough road through the loser's bracket. Can't believe that DBU and Baylor are in the driver's set for a Super Regional birth (and that would put the Super in Waco).