• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs CSF Game #3

Deep Purple

Happy If You Say So GIF

Deep Purple

Just tuned in during the 5th. Obviously not yesterday's hit-fest (which I missed), but the Frogs are holding their own. This Fullerton team seems a little mouthy. Love to see the Frogs take this series and shut them up.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Two beautiful doubles by Taylor and Fontenelle score another!
And Bowen singles in Fontenelle! 4-1 B6
Pitching change.
Two WPs move Bowen to 3B. Davis walks and steals 2B. Byrne singles them both in. 6-1
Four run inning. Nice!

Last edited:

Deep Purple

If I were a coach, I'd be a disaster, but I would at least tell my batters not to presume on a plate ump's call of ball 4 and take off toward 1st before the call is even made. As an ump, that would irritate me a lot. I'd feel compelled to tell the batter, "Son, I call the balls and strikes here -- not you."

I recognize that in doing this, many batters are simply trying to influence the ump's call, but I think the risks outweigh the potential reward. In every subsequent at-bat, that ump is going to remember you're the guy who wants to tell me how to call the pitches. Trying to influence an ump's calls could influence them the wrong way.

Last edited:

Eight

very good win and good series wn for the team, might sum up just how frustrating this team has been this season

fullerton might not be a great team, but are a good team and the frogs could have swept, heck pitchers who haven't been able to go an entire inning provided multiple innings.

am i seeing this wrong?

PurpleBlood87

Just tuned in during the 5th. Obviously not yesterday's hit-fest (which I missed), but the Frogs are holding their own. This Fullerton team seems a little mouthy. Love to see the Frogs take this series and shut them up.
Was there all three games and other than the coach on the challenges they didn't seem mouthy.
Their first base and I chatted before each of his at bats. He was on the same high school team with Bowen, Rodriguez and Miranda. Said they were all great players and started as sophomores when he was a senior.

Paint It Purple

If I were a coach, I'd be a disaster, but I would at least tell my batters not to presume on a plate ump's call of ball 4 and take off toward 1st before the call is even made. As an ump, that would irritate me a lot. I'd feel compelled to tell the batter, "Son, I call the balls and strikes here -- not you."

I recognize that in doing this, many batters are simply trying to influence the ump's call, but I think the risks outweigh the potential reward. In every subsequent at-bat, that ump is going to remember you're the guy who wants to tell me how to call the pitches. Trying to influence an ump's calls could influence them the wrong way.
Hitters know a ball when they see one. If it's ball 4, i never wanted to just stand there with look of please,please don't call that pitch a strike. Some umpires get bored and think, hey if you weren't sure it was a ball, it must have been a strike.