• The KillerFrogs

TCU v KU game thread

MadFrog

I never thought I would say it, but JD is not the answer. This team has several issues. RJ is a walking turnover. Samuel is the softest 6'11" guy in CBB. He can't catch and he can't shoot FTs. NO NBA team would ever waste their time with him. Fuller is bad. He never makes a shot and he competes with RJ for turnovers. The others that play (besides Miles) would never see the floor for any of the other B12 teams. The only player worth keeping is Miles.

wilson912

I never thought I would say it, but JD is not the answer. This team has several issues. RJ is a walking turnover. Samuel is the softest 6'11" guy in CBB. He can't catch and he can't shoot FTs. NO NBA team would ever waste their time with him. Fuller is bad. He never makes a shot and he competes with RJ for turnovers. The others that play (besides Miles) would never see the floor for any of the other B12 teams. The only player worth keeping is Miles.

you sound as frustrated as the rest of us. Hard to argue on Samuel-if anything, he’s regressed. I also don’t see significant improvement, if at all, in PJ’s jump shot. Improvement there would obviously transform him. I don’t see JD being removed anytime soon. I’d like to see more on Lampkin, knowing he’ll make a lotta mistakes, so he can develop.

hope we hear from Skip

wilson912

I guess why not start Ledee just to try to motivate Samuel to fight harder?? Start the walkons for all I care. Need more fight outta guys other than RJ and Miles

TRF51

I guess why not start Ledee just to try to motivate Samuel to fight harder?? Start the walkons for all I care. Need more fight outta guys other than RJ and Miles

Ledee is not the answer, he tries hard and is probably a great kid but he seems very limited. Everything is a struggle with him it seems for some reason. Kevin might not be great but he is solid on defense and a good rebounder. It seems our point differential would show we are a much more competitive team with him on the floor vs LeDee.

bp4tcu

KU is not good. That game was there for the taking and would have been a signature win on the season. Dixon couldn't pull it off.

Fire him and his garbage conference record now. The guy is incapable of being competitive in this conference, and he's not a Big 12 caliber coach. 22 turnovers? Where is the discipline?

Eight

frogs through 7 conference games are shooting just over 41% from the floor, shooting just over 34% from 3, being outscored by roughly 12 points a game, and have 80 assists to 110 turnovers with 7 games on the schedule against texas, tech, wvu, and baylor

Rose Bowl

I know I’m a glutton for punishment but I rewatched the game and if we just play an average game we win it. KU was horrible and ripe for a beating but we could never make a play when it mattered.

Delray Frog

I will start by saying that none of the criticism about this team or the way it plays is incorrect. However, what is also a proven fact among all teams this year is that the younger teams are the ones that are struggling most. The teams with the most new faces that had no opportunity to practice over the summer together are stinking it up. Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Notre Dame, etc. TCU has no senior scholarship players and 11 new faces on this team. That, of course is Jamie's fault to some degree as well. I believe the staff knows that they have to get older and tougher quickly in order to compete. With the new transfer rules, that is now easier than ever. I just do not share the sentiment that the future is all doom and gloom. We will see who is right..........

PO Frog

I will start by saying that none of the criticism about this team or the way it plays is incorrect. However, what is also a proven fact among all teams this year is that the younger teams are the ones that are struggling most. The teams with the most new faces that had no opportunity to practice over the summer together are stinking it up. Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Notre Dame, etc. TCU has no senior scholarship players and 11 new faces on this team. That, of course is Jamie's fault to some degree as well. I believe the staff knows that they have to get older and tougher quickly in order to compete. With the new transfer rules, that is now easier than ever. I just do not share the sentiment that the future is all doom and gloom. We will see who is right..........
Presumably the first KFC post putting us in the same sentence as Duke, Kentucky, and North Carolina with a straight face.

TRF51

what you say is true, the team that started this year would beat this team by 10 points. We have not gotten any better, I think we have gotten worse. Seems like that is a thing for JD’s teams. The way we killed A&M and came back on OSU. This team and the way they are playing would never have done that. I think that team would have won yesterday.

Wexahu

Some people on this board are falsely accused of wanting a TCU sports team to lose when they are just fans who are frustrated. Let me be the first to openly admit that I have gone from being apathetic about TCU basketball, to interested, to mildly excited and hopeful, to increasingly frustrated, and now....hoping that they don't win another ball game this season so that lil donati will either have to act or be canned himself. Sometimes you have to root for the top draft pick. I know....it was #15 on the road, it's the toughest conference in the cosmos, it's the COVID, it's a killer schedule week in and week out...blah blah blah. It's far more than the result that has brought me to this point. It's the stench and the regression. The good news is that I rarely get what I hope for so it's quite possible that the Frogs don't lose again.

This is where I am, unfortunately. It's not just results, although that's a big part of it. Not a Dixon fan, never really was one, but he obviously had things headed in a good direction the first couple years and those teams were enjoyable to watch, despite his incessant over-coaching. Now the whole program is a giant stinking [ Finebaum ] that is going nowhere. The team looks poorly coached and uninspired WAY too often. And the arrow isn't going up at all, at best it's going sideways.

I want a new coach in here that will get people excited about TCU basketball again. The faster that happens, the better IMO. If it means getting blown out a few more times this year, so be it.

bp4tcu

frogs through 7 conference games are shooting just over 41% from the floor, shooting just over 34% from 3, being outscored by roughly 12 points a game, and have 80 assists to 110 turnovers with 7 games on the schedule against texas, tech, wvu, and baylor
All losses.

Eight

wait, the roster shows 15 players on go frogs

rj is in year 4 in the program
kevin samuel is in year 4 in the program
ledee is in year 2 in the program
farabello is in year 2 in the program

will stop there because based upon your claim this team has 11 new faces there wouldn't be any other sophs, redshirts frosh, or transfers who sat out last year in ft worth and that isn't correct

we have been reading the youth excuse for football and basketball for multiple years now and part of that is self inflicted wounds as you indicate and other schools somehow, some way actually have young players contribute and get better over the course of a season.

we saw progress early this year and now things have regressed once we hit conference play and we haven't even faced some of the better defensive teams yet in texas, tech, and wvu.

as far as the transfer route i see other programs go get contributors and i am not talking the 11+ points and 8 rebounds a game tcu is getting from easley and o'bannon combined

Delray Frog

what you say is true, the team that started this year would beat this team by 10 points. We have not gotten any better, I think we have gotten worse. Seems like that is a thing for JD’s teams. The way we killed A&M and came back on OSU. This team and the way they are playing would never have done that. I think that team would have won yesterday.

I agree that this team seems to have regressed. They had one practice in the last 16 days. However, I disagree that this is trend for Jamie's teams. Last year we had some really big wins down the stretch. (Baylor, West Virginia, Tech) In previous years, they played well enough at the end of the year to win the NIT Championship and in another year, make it to the Final Four of that tourney. I'm not saying those are where we ultimately want to be but with all of the ups and downs of this year, I am more willing than some to give the coaching staff and players more of a pass. Go Frogs!

tetonfrog

If you guys are so frustrated with TCU basketball, then raise $10 million so we can clean house. If we can’t do that, then this is all a giant waste of time.

Hell, TCU gave Neil Dougherty all five of his years and those teams were a joke. We should have let JD go to LA & started over. We didn’t do that and now we have to live with this mess.......unless some of our heavy donors throw down a boatload of cash on basketball. That happened once for the new arena and I don’t see it ever happening again.

Genbukan

If you guys are so frustrated with TCU basketball, then raise $10 million so we can clean house. If we can’t do that, then this is all a giant waste of time.

Hell, TCU gave Neil Dougherty all five of his years and those teams were a joke. We should have let JD go to LA & started over. We didn’t do that and now we have to live with this mess.......unless some of our heavy donors throw down a boatload of cash on basketball. That happened once for the new arena and I don’t see it ever happening again.

Or..........if we don't have the $$$$ we can just stop buying season tickets and stop going to games. I already have on both counts.

Its so bad that I won't even watch them on TV anymore. Life is to short to waste two hours when you don't have too.

Rose Bowl

I’m not sure whether we are a bunch of mismatched talent or our coaches just don’t know how to best use them. It’s pretty obvious our talent doesn’t fit the system that JD wants to play. I wouldn’t be surprised if two or three guys leave at the end of the season.

Wog68

I’m not sure whether we are a bunch of mismatched talent or our coaches just don’t know how to best use them. It’s pretty obvious our talent doesn’t fit the system that JD wants to play. I wouldn’t be surprised if two or three guys leave at the end of the season.
I'll bet 50 cents that Miles is one of them.

PurpleBlood87

I see glimpses of hope for Ledee.
I don't think he's a post player but has to play there because there is no one to backup Samuel other than Lumpkin, who seems to be a project.
Word is that Ledee is one of the best players on the team in the estimation of the other players.
I saw a little of that on one play against Kansas when he dribbled outside the paint beat his man off the dribble and then got free and drove to the hoop. He did miss the ensuing shot but it was a nice move.