• The KillerFrogs

TCU Tuition Increase: 4.5%

Pharm Frog

How much was your first house?

I spoke with a guy who was in his 70s or 80s last week and he said his first gone cost only 25k

I’m not in my 70s or 80s but the first house that Mrs Pharm and I purchased was $39,000 (1992). Three bedroom in a residential area of San Angelo. Was a great experience learning how to be property owners and basically cut the apartment rent in half plus got the deduction. I can only imagine what Wog’s was. My father (who is 81) purchased his first home for 22K on about 1 acre in south Montgomery County. I think he told me that was around 1972/3.

To all these early buyers vs. me building in FTW right now:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Frog-in-law1995

I bought my current house in 2015. According to Zillow, it’s worth nearly twice what I paid
Sure wish my granddad had hung onto my dad’s childhood home - a little 25 or so acre farm in the sticks between Keller and Grapevine (less than 1/10th of a mile from where Bonnie and Clyde killed two police officers a decade earlier). He sold it in the early 60s to move them into Grapevine proper. Anybody wanna guess what 25 acres on Dove Road at 114 would be worth today?

Sure wish my granddad had hung onto my dad’s childhood home - a little 25 or so acre farm in the sticks between Keller and Grapevine (less than 1/10th of a mile from where Bonnie and Clyde killed two police officers a decade earlier). He sold it in the early 60s to move them into Grapevine proper. Anybody wanna guess what 25 acres on Dove Road at 114 would be worth today?
More than it was in the 60s.