• The KillerFrogs

TCU stays ranked at 24

DelFrog

The initial poll should not be taken until after the first weekend in October, rankings prior to that are too often wildly inaccurate.

cdsfrog

They beat a top 15 sec team. TCU would have jumped to 10th if we beat LSU

TCU is in great shape if they keep winning. Probably 20th or 21st with a tech win, top 15 after just a few wins (4ish)

XIIFrog

DelFrog said:
The initial poll should not be taken until after the first weekend in October, rankings prior to that are too often wildly inaccurate.
Agreed... but they have to build hype and gain viewers somehow, and wildly overrating teams based on pure speculation is how they do it.

cdsfrog said:

TCU is in great shape if they keep winning. Probably 20th or 21st with a tech win, top 15 after just a few wins (4ish)

That's the scam. Beating an overrated team just creates a new overrated team.

TEUFELI

cdsfrog said:

What?

Wasn't LSU ranked 12? And we were 20? So if 20 had beat 12 we'd have been ranked 10???

no offense...I just hate ridiculous comments.

rifram09

frognutz said:
Surprised to see texas dropped out. I mean, they should have been but didn't think it would actually happen.
Is it possible last night is the last night for Texas to get a free pass due to their recruiting rankings for a while?

Baylor is the team with the free passes now. They're going to keep blowing out bad teams all the way to a top 10 ranking. Book it.

cdsfrog

TEUFELI said:
What?

Wasn't LSU ranked 12? And we were 20? So if 20 had beat 12 we'd have been ranked 10???

We would have jumped a ton of people in the middle and a couple fell. Maybe 12th or 13.

matmoo123

PhormerPhrog said:
Maybe we shouldn't have played like crap the first two games. Besides, early season rankings aren't worth getting worked up about. Win your games and the rankings take care of themselves.
This is just hangover from our non-AQ days. Will take us a while to get past the obsession with rankings.

froghair

TEUFELI said:
What?

Certainly not probable but not it is possible.  If all teams in front of us lost there is certainly a chance to move up to 10 of we beat the then #12 team.