• The KillerFrogs

TCU New OC Candidates

Toad Jones

I know the inherit risk for an up-and-coming young OC, but I prefer a young dude. A guy who is in the culture of today's society. Someone they can look up to and respect as one of them. Riley could do that in spades, and the players bought into his talent and personality. IF TCU had won that last ball game and the defense shined bright, we would be looking at loosing Joe Gillespie too. And, most likely one or two more.

IT IS very important we select another bright star for our OC to keep this thing we've cheered so hard for! I gotta trust Dykes for that. After all, he did it for TCU.

Tonight I had dinner with a person close, and I mean close, worrying about Dykes and Texas. The only reason Dykes is not at Texas is that his wins did not match up with potential. Dykes has a reputation building a program, and that is what Texas wanted from Dykes. The powers at Tx were bothered with that somewhat empty sheet. Now Dykes has taken TCU from 5 to 12 and so.....we better hope Sark can muster more wins because Texas won't have him around long. Esp since they joined the SEC.

This worth only pennies on your dollar, but small talk about last coach said only a few would talk to him about a job.

Last edited:

Toad Jones

love Andy lots! But, how would he be at recruiting?
Not now with Andy. But recruiting, he would be a knock-out. Possibly you're thinking of Andy during his playing days at TCU. If he had a shell, it definitely not there now!

If I played in the NFL for an extending length of time, I would not want to do anything except catch up with what I missed with my family while playing pro football. Oh, gosh If the position was QB in the pros....ha, maybe never!

I do see Max coaching ONE DAY. MD is esp close to his Dad. Dad was a coach, so MD is ingrained or imprinted to be a coach. MD would be a success as a wine bottle washer, he's just that kind of person. For that simple statement, I credit Mom and Dad. It's very obvious his parents were one step back his entire life. As this piss poor society gets uglier, you and I could use millions more just like that, no matter the country!

Last edited:

Endless Purple

I was not sure what to expect with Dykes coming in last year, but I liked how he started and it showed on the field. I think he is more CEO head coach than micromanager. That said, I don't care who the new OC is so long as it is someone whose offensive philosophy matches with the overall team direction for Dykes' offensive style. That is something I believe we had a hard time with in past years - OC matching head coach philosophies.

nwlafrog

I know the inherit risk for an up-and-coming young OC, but I prefer a young dude. A guy who is in the culture of today's society. Someone they can look up to and respect as one of them. Riley could do that in spades, and the players bought into his talent and personality. IF TCU had won that last ball game and the defense shined bright, we would be looking at loosing Joe Gillespie too. And, most likely one or two more.

IT IS very important we select another bright star for our OC to keep this thing we've cheered so hard for! I gotta trust Dykes for that. After all, he did it for TCU.

Tonight I had dinner with a person close, and I mean close, worrying about Dykes and Texas. The only reason Dykes is not at Texas is that his wins did not match up with potential. Dykes has a reputation building a program, and that is what Texas wanted from Dykes. The powers at Tx were bothered with that somewhat empty sheet. Now Dykes has taken TCU from 5 to 12 and so.....we better hope Sark can muster more wins because Texas won't have him around long. Esp since they joined the SEC.

This worth only pennies on your dollar, but small talk about last coach said only a few would talk to him about a job.
1673677056619.gif