• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis - 2020-2021

Longfrog

Has anyone seen Brooksby yet? His career's basically a month old and he's already won a challenger at age 20. My sense is he doesn't have a huge game but I've never really watched him. I don't know if we're supposed to hold a grudge or not. I can't really work up much animosity for a guy who never actually played.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Has anyone seen Brooksby yet? His career's basically a month old and he's already won a challenger at age 20. My sense is he doesn't have a huge game but I've never really watched him. I don't know if we're supposed to hold a grudge or not. I can't really work up much animosity for a guy who never actually played.
He did voluntarily decide to go to Baylor. So he has at least one strike against him.

Jared7

Holding grudges for feigned or imaginary reasons is what sports fans do. I'm gonna hate him until I breathe my last breath - just like West Point cadets hate Benedict Arnold and Mavs fans hate Kiki Vandewegh. He dissed us! And the Baylor tennis twitter page brags about him incessantly! (Roditi probably still likes him).

Sadly, Rybo lost this morning in the semis in Croatia to Filip Misolic in a 3-setter: 6-1, 4-6, 3-6. He'll still get some money and ATP points for going deep (and might exceed his career high), but a title would have been nicer. I don't know where he'll go now, but there are a couple of other clay tourneys in Croatia in the next couple of weeks.

Jared7

It's on! TCU tennis is back. Today, the #5 Frogs will take on the #34 USF Bulls in Tampa, coached by the legendary TCU alum Ashley Fisher. The Bulls are 10-2 and are on an 8-match winning streak, including a 4-3 W yesterday over #50 SMU (12-8) and a W the day before over Samford. Overall, USF has W's over Clemson, Florida Gulf Coast, South Alabama, North Florida, Florida Atlantic, Liberty, Georgia State, Samford and SMU and L's to only Florida and UCF (both of which were in January). Like us, they've had several matches cancelled/postponed, so their record could be more impressive than it is. This is a solid team. They are lead by Chase Ferguson, Jakub Wojcik, Ivan Yatsuk, Pierre Luquet, Sergio Gomez Montesa and Alvin Tudorica. Historically, since 2009, TCU leads the all-time series 6-0, so they'll be motivated to beat us. And this'll be only the 2nd time the match has ever been played in Tampa, and they almost got us then. Today's match will be at 1:00 p.m. After USF, Florida will be next in Gainesville on Wednesday.

Jared7

The doubles line-up will be Gray/Fomba v. Bollapolli/Wojcik; Kruger/Fearnley v. Ferguson/Luquet and Jong/Paroulek v. Yatsuk/Tudorica. Unless changed, out singles line-up will be Gray, Fomba, Jong, Jirousek, Fearnley and Martin. The match will be starting shortly.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The doubles line-up will be Gray/Fomba v. Bollapolli/Wojcik; Kruger/Fearnley v. Ferguson/Luquet and Jong/Paroulek v. Yatsuk/Tudorica. Unless changed, out singles line-up will be Gray, Fomba, Jong, Jirousek, Fearnley and Martin. The match will be starting shortly.
My flight is about to take off so could you please see if they could hurry this along and secure the win in the next 15 minutes? Ok thanks.

Jared7

My flight is about to take off so could you please see if they could hurry this along and secure the win in the next 15 minutes? Ok thanks.
It's very tight so far. 2-2, 2-2; 1-3.

Fearnley/Kruger take their match 6-4! Gray/Fomba 5-all; Jong/Paroulek 4-5.

Gray/Fomba lose 5-7. It's all up to Sander and Teddy, who just tied it at 5-all.

Last edited:

Jared7

Jong/Paroulek fight back from a break down to take it 7-5 and the Frogs win the doubles point!! TCU 1 USF 0!

In a late change, it'll be Kruger at #6 in singles; not Martin.

Last edited:

Jared7

Not that great of a start in singles. Gray won his first set easily (6-1) and Kruger did too (6-2), but it's either even or behind on all other courts. We're ahead and only need 3 of 6, but it could be close.

Paroulek (at 5) fights back from down a break to take his first set 6-4! But Fomba and Jong both lose their first sets and Jirousek is about to lose his.

All 2nd sets tight. Gray falls 4-6 and is into a 3rd; Fomba wins 6-2; Jong into a breaker at 6-all; Jirousek 3-2; Paroulek 4-5; Kruger into a breaker at 6-all.

Jong takes the breaker 7-6 and he's into a 3rd. Kruger loses his breaker 6-7 and he's into a 3rd. Paroulek falls 4-6 and he's into a 3rd. The only match still in the 2nd is Jirousek who's at 4-all.

Last edited:

Jared7

All matches are into 3rd sets. Gray 4-5; Fomba 3-4; Jong 5-2; Jirousek 0-0; Paroulek 5-2; Kruger 2-1.

Paroulek wins 6-2!! TCU 2 USF 0.

Jong wins 6-2!! TCU 3 USF 0.

We just need 1 more W - Gray 5-all; Fomba 4-5; Jirousek 0-1; Kruger 4-2.

Fomba falls 4-6. TCU 3 USF 1.

Gray falls 5-7. TCU 3 USF 2. Jirousek 0-1; Kruger 4-2.. We need 1; they need both.

Jirousek 3-1; Kruger 5-4. (They've been showing Gray lost 5-7, but haven't recorded it as yet).

Last edited:

jake102

TCU wins on court #5. Up 2-0 now

It's all tired up on courts 1 and 2 in the 3rd set. We are up a break at 5-2 on court #3 in the 3rd.

Looks like we will just need one close 3rd set to go our way.

Purp

All matches are into 3rd sets. Gray 4-5; Fomba 3-4; Jong 5-2; Jirousek 0-0; Paroulek 5-2; Kruger 2-1.

Paroulek wins 6-2!! TCU 2 USF 0.

Jong wins 6-2!! TCU 3 USF 0.

We just need 1 more W - Gray 5-all; Fomba 4-5; Jirousek 0-1; Kruger 4-2.
I looked at the live stats at gofrogs.com and checked back 10 minutes later and they were all the same so I figured something bizarre was going on. Hope we get that last match quickly.

jake102

Looks like the stat tracker has gone haywire. Say's we are up 3-1, but the scores it shows don't make sense and court 6 is not showing at all.

Edit: it jsut updated but doesn't make total sense... says we are up 3-1 but shows the #1 match as Gray losing 7-5 in the 3rd, but not being counted into the score......

It's either 3-1 or 3-2 right now. Need court 4 or 6 to win to be sure

Jared7

Jirousek 3-2 (up a break); Kruger 6-5 (even on serve). We need 1; they need both. This is an incredible dual match - 6 3rd sets in singles and it's already 3 and 1/2 hours.

Jirousek 4-2. Kruger into a breaker at 6-all.

Last edited: