• The KillerFrogs

TCU KU Basketball - CBS

CountryFrog

The worst was the non call on Miles at the end of the Arizona game in 2022.
That one was awful and obviously happened in a bigger moment. But what happened yesterday is even worse imo because they went to the replay monitor, looked at the play over and over again and decided to make the call after nothing had been called on the floor.

As bad as the no call against Miles was, at least it happened in the heat of the game. Calls get missed sometimes. I don't want to sound like I'm excusing that one because I'm not. It was a terrible miss. But the fact they got to watch multiple replays of what happened yesterday and make a game deciding call is even worse imo.

Rose Bowl

A real kick in the gut that game was. It was a borderline call but our rebounding is most responsible for the loss. We got owned on the board. It was great to see Trey and Emanuel play well but just didn’t have enough to win. We need this type of effort game in and game out.

Well, if Udeh had not moved his right arm back while on the way down to landing on his feet, which he may have been doing to box/block out Dickinson from getting around him and retrieving what was briefly a loose ball while Udeh was regaining his feet, then Frogs very likely continue on and win. Moving his arm back happened to unknowingly be above Dickinson’s shoulder level, instead of into his upper body, and Dickinson‘s abrupt reaction to it made it look worse than it was.

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Well, if Udeh had not moved his right arm back while on the way down to landing on his feet, which he may have been doing to box/block out Dickinson from getting around him and retrieving what was briefly a loose ball while Udeh was regaining his feet, then Frogs very likely continue on and win. Moving his arm back happened to unknowingly be above Dickinson’s shoulder level, instead of into his upper body, and Dickinson‘s abrupt reaction to it made it look worse than it was.
You can see Udeh was completely focused on what was in front of him, not behind him. Also doesn’t explain the flagrant.

A real kick in the gut that game was. It was a borderline call but our rebounding is most responsible for the loss. We got owned on the board. It was great to see Trey and Emanuel play well but just didn’t have enough to win. We need this type of effort game in and game out.
Coles would have helped on the boards, he has a nose for the ball and is maybe the best instinctive rebounder. That could have been the difference, but then Tennyson might not have had as many minutes, and points.

WhatTheFrog

This loss, as crappy as it was, isn't really gonna hurt us all that much in the grand scheme of things if this team can bring that kind of effort day in and day out. It just tells me that we can match up with them on a neutral court with different officials if we happen to see them in the tourney.

CountryFrog

Seems like we made a conscious choice to go smaller and quicker and that created a lot of havoc and turnovers by KU. Also helped us get to the bucket more on offense. I'd say the turnover margin that greatly favored us as a result canceled out the rebounding deficit.

Tough to do it all at a really high level on the road against a great team.

Tough calls at the end of big games are beginning to pile up on TCU. The flagrant foul changing this Kansas game, followed by Dickinson’s extended two arm push (uncalled foul) to clear space on the game winning feed and bucket.

—The horrid erroneous OT ball spot on Duggan’s goal line run in the Conference Championship Game that likely cost that game.

—Miles getting shoved down into the backcourt in Game 2 of March Madness versus Arizona that should have been two free throws for the win.

I am not one to complain much about calls, but jeepers, these big ones at the end of games is a bit much. This is not normal to have annual misfortune in the last minute of big games going against the same school.

It has cost TCU three big wins, including a Sweet Sixteen, a Conference Championship, and a second win in a row at famous Allen Fieldhouse which would have been historic - maybe no team has ever done that at Allen Fieldhouse.

Last edited:

WhatTheFrog

Tough calls at the end of big games are beginning to pile up on TCU. The flagrant foul changing this Kansas game, followed by Dickinson’s extended two arm push to clear space on the game winning feed and bucket.

—The horrid erroneous OT ball spot on Duggan’s goal line run in the Conference Championship Game that likely cost that game.

—Miles getting shoved down into the backcourt in Game 2 of March Madness versus Arizona that should have been two free throws for the win.

I am not one to complain much about calls, but jeepers, these big ones at the end of games is a bit much. This is not normal to have annual misfortune in the last minute of big games going against the same school.

It has cost TCU three big wins, including a Sweet Sixteen, a Conference Championship, and a second win in a row at famous Allen Fieldhouse which would have been historic - and a good chance no team has ever done that at Allen Fieldhouse, so missed out on history.
2 or 3 other schools have done it before, but I get what you're saying. This team still has as much of a chance as anyone else to win a natty, so not quite the effect of the other examples you used. It's just one conference loss at this point. We gotta stop dwelling on this screw job and move on to winning the rest.

Frawg

Tough calls at the end of big games are beginning to pile up on TCU. The flagrant foul changing this Kansas game, followed by Dickinson’s extended two arm push (uncalled foul) to clear space on the game winning feed and bucket.

It has cost TCU three big wins, including a Sweet Sixteen, a Conference Championship, and a second win in a row at famous Allen Fieldhouse which would have been historic - maybe no team has ever done that at Allen Fieldhouse.
Plus that Dugan run preceded Kendra Miller’s first dive where the ball clearly extended over the line but was Never reviewed :(