• The KillerFrogs

TCU-KSU Women's Basketball

TooColdU

Air Bud Walk GIF by Air Bud Entertainment
Air Bud Movie GIF

FrogPreacher

Thoughts & prayers!
(Seriously, I heard it was like -10 there last weekend. Oof.)
Thank you! My wife has been giving me a hard time here recently as the weather has been so brutal. I had been doing Interim work and we were tired of moving every couple of years and moving here was a chance for a settled pastor position. I asked her, "how do you feel about small town Iowa?"*L*
Actually it was closer to -20. We canceled church on Sunday as almost everyone did, which was a first for me in all my years of ministry in the various places we have been. Saying more snow tomorrow and frigid temps again Friday and Saturday. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

tmcats

seems like tcu athletics could have communicated better than this. and they certainly should have refunded tickets. goodness.

so much of this stuff gets shaded by federal privacy laws that it gets way too complicated. we saw that up here with the tomlin affair on mbb side.

anyway, hope your gals get well and things return to norm soon.

LisaLT

seems like tcu athletics could have communicated better than this. and they certainly should have refunded tickets. goodness.

so much of this stuff gets shaded by federal privacy laws that it gets way too complicated. we saw that up here with the tomlin affair on mbb side.

they didn't refund tickets? how is that legal? hard to believe that anyone who paid would not be refunded.

I'm guessing tickets to TCU WB is pretty inexpensive though...

tmcats

here's a good explanation that i've posted on our k-state wbb fan forum. it puts everything in better context.

"There are 14 players on the Frogs’ roster but only six of them would have been able to play in these two games. There would have been five starters and one substitute, but two of those players recently came back from injuries. So, the decision was ultimately made not to put their health at risk with extended minutes and potentially unusual responsibilities on the court." fox4

FroginBedford68

"gals" is a derogatory description....

FrogPreacher

Spent a little time looking at the roster last night. Saw that there are two individuals who have not played this season. Neither of them are freshmenwomen. In fact last year both of them were starters in numerous games. Injured? Taking a redshirt year? Inquiring mind inquiring.

JogginFrog

I noted where the losses count in the standings but not in the team record...so not on the coach's record, either. I wish that wasn't part of the calculus--you want to think the coach is making a decision in the best interests of players' health, but the fact that the decision benefits the coach leaves a sliver of doubt. If I could avoid taking two road Ls against ranked teams in my first year as a Power 5 coach, I'd be tempted to make that call, too.

I guess there's no way to avoid it, because you don't want to give the corresponding W to a coach whose team didn't play. That would leave career win totals open to criticism.

For the record, I think Mark Campbell was a terrific choice and has done an amazing job from day 1. I just don't like the idea that NCAA teams can decide to stay home.

froginmn

I noted where the losses count in the standings but not in the team record...so not on the coach's record, either. I wish that wasn't part of the calculus--you want to think the coach is making a decision in the best interests of players' health, but the fact that the decision benefits the coach leaves a sliver of doubt. If I could avoid taking two road Ls against ranked teams in my first year as a Power 5 coach, I'd be tempted to make that call, too.

I guess there's no way to avoid it, because you don't want to give the corresponding W to a coach whose team didn't play. That would leave career win totals open to criticism.

For the record, I think Mark Campbell was a terrific choice and has done an amazing job from day 1. I just don't like the idea that NCAA teams can decide to stay home.
They count as conference losses but not as overall losses. An odd way to do it, but...

It's so rare that I don't think it's a big deal. Not sure I've ever heard of this before now.

froglash88

The injuries have been varied, but it can't be a good time to be Taylor Larson, TCU Associate Head S&C coach with primary responsibility for women's hoops and equestrian. Larson's bio shows him to be in his 6th season, so a holdover from the days of Sommer.
The majority of basketball injuries are not related to s & c

Latest posts