• The KillerFrogs

TCU-KSU Women's Basketball

FrogPreacher

I find this to be very strange. My sympathy to the two young women who are injured and out for the rest of the season. However..............there are 12 other women on the roster. Wouldn't this give the opportunity for others to step up and get more playing time. Already saw that with the one individual who had only played in 3 games previously and when given the opportunity took great advantage of that.
There has to be more to the story than just the two injured players. Inquiring mind inquiring.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Season 6 What GIF by The Office

How is this even a thing?

SousaFrog

I find this to be very strange. My sympathy to the two young women who are injured and out for the rest of the season. However..............there are 12 other women on the roster. Wouldn't this give the opportunity for others to step up and get more playing time. Already saw that with the one individual who had only played in 3 games previously and when given the opportunity took great advantage of that.
There has to be more to the story than just the two injured players. Inquiring mind inquiring.
Thank-you for the update, @FrogPreacher! I was definitely looking forward to the next few games [on-the-schedule]. And, yes, would've been nice to experience how the Lady Frogs would do against the [current] Top-2 teams in the Big 12: Nice opportunity for [more] valuable experience (especially for the younger / "greener" players, on the "active" roster). In hindsight though, allows the roster to continue to learn-and-grow and heal-up.

hometown frog

Suspect there is more than just those two known injuries driving this decision to forfeit two games. May be a combo of that with some other ailment running thru the roster that got us below whatever threshold is in place for available players.

PurpleBlood87

Suspect there is more than just those two known injuries driving this decision to forfeit two games. May be a combo of that with some other ailment running thru the roster that got us below whatever threshold is in place for available players.
Last time TCU cancelled a game was the Texas Bowl in 2020.

WhatTheFrog

That's what I'm thinking, there's probably an illness going through the team. I'd suspect covid and the school is probably using the "5 days and a negative test" threshold before they can resume activities. Purely speculation. I do think it's an illness situation that is most likely.

FrogPreacher

Thank-you for the update, @FrogPreacher! I was definitely looking forward to the next few games [on-the-schedule]. And, yes, would've been nice to experience how the Lady Frogs would do against the [current] Top-2 teams in the Big 12: Nice opportunity for [more] valuable experience (especially for the younger / "greener" players, on the "active" roster). In hindsight though, allows the roster to continue to learn-and-grow and heal-up.
We live just 45 minutes from Ames and I had given some thought about going over to the game.....However our weather lately has been brutal! We are at a balmy 19 at present, but we are predicted to get more snow on Thursday and the temps on Friday are a predicted high of 5 and a low of -17 and on Saturday a high of 1 and a low of -11.

SousaFrog

We live just 45 minutes from Ames and I had given some thought about going over to the game.....However our weather lately has been brutal! We are at a balmy 19 at present, but we are predicted to get more snow on Thursday and the temps on Friday are a predicted high of 5 and a low of -17 and on Saturday a high of 1 and a low of -11.
Would['ve] love to go to the @Ames game (The people of Iowa sure do love their [college] WBB ;)): Next-level atmosphere, especially with the energy that Audi Crooks brings! Stay safe up-there, @FrogPreacher!

JugbandFrog

I have not seen more than 8 gals dressed and available for any games I have been to this year, and that was before we lost Prince and the gal we just lost with a torn ACL.

This team was already beat up before that

tmcats

I have not seen more than 8 gals dressed and available for any games I have been to this year, and that was before we lost Prince and the gal we just lost with a torn ACL.

This team was already beat up before that
you might want to visit your optometrist. ten played in your last outing v. houston. if it's covid or flu, one would think the administration would say that. left as it is, this is pretty odd.

Latest posts