• The KillerFrogs

TCU at Tech ** Game thread**

Frog Attack II

This game went exactly as I thought it would... lots of teams get whipped there, especially coming off a 20 point loss at OU...to a team that we swept. Let's see how we play them at home.

At the end of the day, it's a typical 13 point loss in Lubbock that just about everyone else has too. ISU game is huge. Then WVU at home... getting the feels that they are mailing it in as they got destroyed at OSU today.

This team is not great... but not that different than a lot of middling trams out there that will be in the tourney.

Eight

20 turnovers and half-hearted defense against a good team on the road is going to get your butt kicked 9 out of 10 times

22 games into the season this team is what it is in terms of offensive identity and personality

do we expect o'bannon to suddenly start shooting the ball better over the next 8 games? could happen, but at some point you are what you are and there are a number of guys like that on this team

key is do they buy into the defense, the team rebounding, and moving the ball

LVH

Reminded me of the K State game. They got way too many easy 2 point shots.

Fortunately Tech is a bad road team so maybe we can get them at home

PurpleBlood87

The way Tech played offense today should be the blueprint for this Frogs team.
Drive to the basket and get easy shots off the glass or dunks.
This team is athletic enough to do that and with Lampkin clear out a baseline lane the basket, they should get plenty of close in shots.
And if you don't hit the shot you are probably getting fouled and shooting free throws.
Then add in the occasional three. Tech made just five three's today and still managed 82 points.
But Tech also shot 21 of 29 from the line.

bp4tcu

This game went exactly as I thought it would... lots of teams get whipped there, especially coming off a 20 point loss at OU...to a team that we swept. Let's see how we play them at home.

At the end of the day, it's a typical 13 point loss in Lubbock that just about everyone else has too. ISU game is huge. Then WVU at home... getting the feels that they are mailing it in as they got destroyed at OSU today.

This team is not great... but not that different than a lot of middling trams out there that will be in the tourney.
It won’t be any better at home because it’ll be another home game for Tech.

Blew a 10 point lead to a great team, just a pathetic loss all around. Didn’t even bother showing up in the second half. This team is all smoke and mirrors. Look strong against crap teams and then fart and fall down against anyone else.

Only team with a pulse we’ve beaten is LSU and then ISU, but they’ve turned out to be terrible. We win maybe three games the rest of the way.

Eight

The way Tech played offense today should be the blueprint for this Frogs team.
Drive to the basket and get easy shots off the glass or dunks.
This team is athletic enough to do that and with Lampkin clear out a baseline lane the basket, they should get plenty of close in shots.
And if you don't hit the shot you are probably getting fouled and shooting free throws.
Then add in the occasional three. Tech made just five three's today and still managed 82 points.
But Tech also shot 21 of 29 from the line.

some of us like the throwing crap up from behind the arc offense because the advanced analytics indicate that IF you make them 3's are worth more than 2's.

personally, i am not one of them, think lampkin doesn't get enough touches, that attacking the basket would SEEM to pull defenders in thus making those shots beyond the arc easier, but i guess the data science says otherwise

Chongo94

some of us like the throwing crap up from behind the arc offense because the advanced analytics indicate that IF you make them 3's are worth more than 2's.

personally, i am not one of them, think lampkin doesn't get enough touches, that attacking the basket would SEEM to pull defenders in thus making those shots beyond the arc easier, but i guess the data science says otherwise
Agreed, he needs far more touches. He’s truly a potential star player but we don’t feed him enough to let him grow further into a more beastly presence it seems.

Eight

Agreed, he needs far more touches. He’s truly a potential star player but we don’t feed him enough to let him grow further into a more beastly presence it seems.

don't think big eddie is near ready to play the role of vlad the impaler in the frogs offense and there damn sure isn't a kenrich, but lampkin can be a legit thread on the low block and has the passing skills to hit a cutter or get the ball back out to a shooter

there are the athletes to crash the glass and i would rather see baugh go to the rim than trim to pass the ball out. that 16-17 did not live or die from three. heck, they rarely shot as many 3's as 2's in a game .

last three games that frogs have shot 75 3's out of 156 total shots and mix in the turnovers and ouch

i very likely have this all wrong and would love to hear from those who really know the game, but it seems as if the frogs tend to settle far, far too often lately for being a perimeter offense in the half court versus the drive to the rim and attack the glass as 87 suggested