• The KillerFrogs

TCU and the DFW TV Market

LifetimeFrog

People need to get past this 20th century model of TV and content. Last I checked, the Republic of Texas blew up 200 years ago. It's now about creating a national brand and attracting eye balls from all over the country. It's not about DFW or the State of Texas any more. TCU has created a national brand and a national following, much like Boise. Even if it's just about morbid curiosity, people all over the country want to tune in and see what the hype is all about. Let's not get sucked into arguing over talking points from the last century. They may not want us, but it's not because of TV viewers in DFW.

I agree. I think what you say is true. But I still get very tired of the same ole talk (often from the same ole TCU haters) about TCU not bringing tv sets in the metroplex. That's just plain wrong, and even if it's not the real issue I still take offense to that kind of ignorance.

frogbyproxy

The one TV rating I am proud of although I hated the outcome was the Friday night game with Baylor compared to a Saturday game with LSU-Oregan. How in the world can you compare the two days and come close? Get TCU to play in the game is how! :tongue:

ABC's Saturday night matchup of the country's No. 3- and No. 4-ranked teams, won handily by LSU, averaged 277,028 D-FW viewers to rank as the holiday weekend's most-watched program.

Underdog Baylor's wacky 50-48 win over TCU, shown Friday night on ESPN, averaged 235,474 viewers, with a peak audience of 353,211 between 10:30 and 10:45 p.m. LSU-Oregon topped out at a higher 387,839 viewers in the 8:30 to 8:45 p.m. segment.

http://www.unclebarky.com/dfw.html