• The KillerFrogs

TCU against ACQ how would they fair

frogbyproxy

IMO

I feel like screaming every time I hear someone say TCU plays an easy schedule and our conference is basically cream puffs. But each year the cream puffs beat teams in the so called BCS conferences. Let’s try to put it in simpler terms for these anti MWC schools and conferences. If TCU was in the ACC or Big East this year we would have run the table and been in the NCG. The ACQ teams would not say anything about our schedule because lets face it if we were in these conferences we would automatically be entitled.

If in the Big 12 this year we would have won out in my opinion. Mack’s conference is so bad even the bad teams looks good and have a chance at winning the conference title.

The Big 10 and mighty MSU at #1 at present. We had a few of our bottom feeders play against them this year and they had a hard time against them until pulling it out in the end. Highest score against our bottom feeders was only a 20 point win. Well you know how bad we have beaten them and they play us each year and know our game plans pretty well.

PAC 10 is another that is pretty hard to diagnose but let me try. Presently OSU is #4 in the conference and has not played the top two. It’s possible they can beat OU at home for their last game. Other teams in the middle of the PAC have played teams we played outside of conference and were beaten such as SMU. They were beaten by the likes of KSU. Also BYU put a whipping on the huskies.

The conferences that we cannot compare side to side are the SEC and PAC 10 and that is because they play teams outside of their conferences they know they can beat. The PAC 10 played only a few of our teams although travel wise our conference would have been great for mileage. SEC had teams that actually played two division II teams this year which made me wonder how they could be ranked as high as they are. I will state that CAM is like RGIII and you know how we played against him the year. I feel we would dominate Auburn at the line on both sides.

yurintroubl

The conferences that we cannot compare side to side are the SEC and PAC 10 and that is because they play teams outside of their conferences they know they can beat.

I posted this bit in another thread, but thought it relevant here... Regarding LSU OOC scheduling - Not nearly as afraid to take on quality OOC teams East & West Cosat:

2010-11: @North Carolina (neutral site), WVU (ok... 2 East Coast teams this year)
2009-10: @Washington
2008-09: OK... Admitted lousy scheduling on this season.
2007-08: Virginia Tech
2006-07: Arizona, Fresno State
2005-06: @Arizona State

Future OOCs (with room for more)
2011-12: @Oregon (neutral site - Dallas), @WVU
2012-13: Washington, Idaho

Understand that until last year - one OOC game was committed to a horrible anchor of an annual "rivalry" game vs Tulane. Their invitation to renew was declined in order to free up dates for better opponents.

frogbyproxy

True about LSU and can't wait to play them in 2013 and 14. But a perfect example of scheduling and being in the NC race is Auburn. They played La-Monroe and Chattanooga this year and are both DII teams and ranked #2 in BCS?

jack the frog

No disrespect intended to LSU and I appreciate the willingness to schedule the Frogs,
That said, I do not believe this LSU team could score on TCU. Might not cross the 50 more than once or twice.

HoustonHornedFrog

I posted this bit in another thread, but thought it relevant here... Regarding LSU OOC scheduling - Not nearly as afraid to take on quality OOC teams East & West Cosat:

2010-11: @North Carolina (neutral site), WVU (ok... 2 East Coast teams this year)
2009-10: @Washington
2008-09: OK... Admitted lousy scheduling on this season.
2007-08: Virginia Tech
2006-07: Arizona, Fresno State
2005-06: @Arizona State

Future OOCs (with room for more)
2011-12: @Oregon (neutral site - Dallas), @WVU
2012-13: Washington, Idaho

Understand that until last year - one OOC game was committed to a horrible anchor of an annual "rivalry" game vs Tulane. Their invitation to renew was declined in order to free up dates for better opponents.

Like the fact that they agreed to a home and home with TCU, but I'm not sure you are helping your argument when one of your out of conference games is Washington. ALthough they do have a nack of pulling out a couple of good games every year. The fact that they will go on the road for an ooc game from time to time also makes them better than most. One thing that SEC fans, and Big 10, Big 12 and others never seem to mention is that most of their top teams play 7 or 8 home games. Nothing like having 4 or 5 straight home games to start the season to get your ducks in line.

LVfrog

I would like the Frogs to go after Nebraska now that they won't be playing in Texas anymore. See if we can get a 3-4 yr deal at Jerry World, I think 60K would be easy to get. I'm not sure we could get them but you would think they would like to have a presence in Texas.

yurintroubl

The fact that they will go on the road for an ooc game from time to time also makes them better than most... ...Nothing like having 4 or 5 straight home games to start the season to get your ducks in line.

Hopefully that can be done in a single game. :biggrin:

Next year's opener in JerryWorld vs. Oregon will be the 3rd season in a row LSU has gone on the road to face a decidedly non-cupcake opponent in their opener. This year was UNC at the Kickoff in Atlanta... Huskies at their place in Seattle for the 2009 opener.

jadailyTCU

True about LSU and can't wait to play them in 2013 and 14. But a perfect example of scheduling and being in the NC race is Auburn. They played La-Monroe and Chattanooga this year and are both DII teams and ranked #2 in BCS?

False. La.-Monroe is in the FBS (aka I-A, like us, the Big 12, the SEC, etc). The Warhawks (formerly the Indians) are members of the Sun Belt. Mind you, it's not a big step up from FCS (aka I-AA, which is what Chattanooga is, rather than D-II), but they're still FBS.

frogbyproxy

False. La.-Monroe is in the FBS (aka I-A, like us, the Big 12, the SEC, etc). The Warhawks (formerly the Indians) are members of the Sun Belt. Mind you, it's not a big step up from FCS (aka I-AA, which is what Chattanooga is, rather than D-II), but they're still FBS.

My Bad! When I went in to look at their schedules CBS sports has their sites set up like the DII sites. :tongue: