• The KillerFrogs

TCU 360: TCU’s mask mandate to remain in place

Wexahu

Need to follow the whole story point. There was an earlier point made that masks help by 2%. A 2% reduction in deaths is about 10%. As an example to the number of people that10,000 is, I referenced the size of the TCU student body. I said nothing to age or other demographics trying to save TCU students specifically. Just a reference point as to how many people 10,000 are.

You and Wexahu are like people that read the first line of the email, write a big response back not ever reading lines 2, 3, and 4 of the email.

Continuing to beat a dead horse as I am prone to do, but this was your exact question............."Even if a mask reduces impact only 2%, that is the population of TCU. If wearing a mask could keep all the students at TCU from dying or not, would you wear one or consider it too much of a burden?

I don't know how it could be any more clear, or unclear I guess. My answer to this specific question would be entirely different than the one you claim to be asking.

Pharm Frog

For those of you seeking “real” numbers upon which to base your argument, I’ll give you a heads-up....the numbers exist but they are now irretrievably lost and they’ll never be discovered. For anything and everything about this situation. Positive cases. Primary cause fatalities. False positives. Number of people tested. % positive recovery. None of it. It will all be “modeled” and the models advanced and disputed. AND...this obscurity was foreseeable and purposeful.

Ron Swanson

Continuing to beat a dead horse as I am prone to do, but this was your exact question............."Even if a mask reduces impact only 2%, that is the population of TCU. If wearing a mask could keep all the students at TCU from dying or not, would you wear one or consider it too much of a burden?

I don't know how it could be any more clear, or unclear I guess. My answer to this specific question would be entirely different than the one you claim to be asking.

He was clearly just using the number of TCU students as a way to illustrate how many people 10,000 is in a way that we can relate to. He wasn’t getting in to age of the people saved at all.

Endless Purple

He was clearly just using the number of TCU students as a way to illustrate how many people 10,000 is in a way that we can relate to. He wasn’t getting in to age of the people saved at all.
Apparently some things are taken as fact gospel if they include a number and no outside or additional forces can act on said number.

Wexahu

Apparently some things are taken as fact gospel if they include a number and no outside or additional forces can act on said number.

Well, we've heard numbers thrown out with absolutely no context since the beginning of this thing, so I'm sorry for not completely understanding the point.

I guess to answer your question, no, I don't think mask wearing and not eating indoors at restaurants is worth temporarily extending 10,000 lives. Cost-benefit factor out of whack.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
800f094b5231ce7c9acb6ac3e8444205.jpg

Eight

from the beginning of this crisis we have continually had "experts" throw out numbers with no basis or not explanation of the source of such numbers and when called on it they simply say they did so in order to get peoples attention as a call to action

sad that the experts we are told to trust and the discipline we are supposed to follow has continually built specious arguments for months now

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Eight

“They’re bringing their business to Texas...and that poses a problem”

-mayor of Houston, in response to a question about out of state visitors coming here because of the removed mask mandate.

simple, stop in montgomery, ft bend, galveston, and chambers county and spend money there while sylvester continues to pontificate and run the city of houston into the ground