• The KillerFrogs

Target Sonny Dykes?

The Bad Guy

Are people drunk on here really saying offer Meyer? Lol.

Tom Herman would be an interesting candidate….. better gig than Houston…

Salfrog

Tier 1
I know we keep talking about current or former HC's, but are there any OC or DC out there that could/would be considered? I know I mentioned him earlier today in the game thread, but Grimes at Baylor might be an interesting look. He is the OC there, was the OC at BYU prior to going to Baylor, and has been a OL coach at other big programs. Also like the offense he runs at Baylor.

I just want the best possible candidate whether it be a current HC, or a OC or DC. This team just needs a complete attitude & culture change. Whoever is hired needs to be able to put a very good staff together.

Last edited:

tetonfrog

If we are serious about a culture change, then let’s call the OU OL coach. We need an attitude change & he would certainly help our OL.

Moose Stuff

I agree with Country that you have to kick the tires on some probable “no”s. There may just be a Billy Tubbs out there looking for a change of scenery. That being said I’m not even sure that we have to kick the tires so to speak as it’s likely that anyone interested would be having their agent kick the tires on us without us even knowing about it.

Last edited:

4th. down

I agree with Country that you have to kick the tires on some probable “no”s. There may just be a Billy Stubbs out there looking for a change of scenery. That being said I’m not even sure that we have to kick the tires so to speak as it’s likely that anyone interested would be having their agent kick the tires on us without us even knowing about it.

If GP stays until contract expiration, we are probably looking at 3-4 conf. wins over the next 2 seasons. Hopefully the administration has clicked on this as the in the butts seats are going to be BELOW 20K. Now is not the time to get brain locked.

froginmn

You absolutely contact the agent for Urban Meyer and then the agent for the Michigan St coach Mel Tucker.

After those 2 say no then you have about 10-12 guys who are all kind of indistinguishable from one another and Dykes is certainly one of those. I won't pretend to know who the best option is but I also don't really care right now. The program needs change and we either bring in a G5 coach like Dykes or a P5 coordinator.

Also the Minnesota coach PJ Fleck is worth consideration.
Fleck isn't coming... you can cross that name off the list.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I agree with Country that you have to kick the tires on some probable “no”s. There may just be a Billy Tubbs out there looking for a change of scenery. That being said I’m not even sure that we have to kick the tires so to speak as it’s likely that anyone interested would be having their agent kick the tires on us without us even knowing about it.
No doubt Donati is receiving inquiries.