• The KillerFrogs

Tanner Peters is Really Good

maxmtex

Thanks to SDSU taking 2 of 3 from UNLV this weekend, TCU may get to face the second strongest (statistically) pitcher in the MWC in our first game. Since UNLV is seeded 5th, they simply have to beat #4 SDSU with someone other than Peters, and then have BYU beat New Mexico (very likely). That would place UNLV against TCU, and BYU against Utah in the 2nd round.

I expect UNLV to take that chance (hold Peters for Round 2), and I hope it backfires. But, if I were UNLV, I'd do it since this is their only shot to get to the NCAA tournament. Win 4 straight, including at least one against a high seed (with Peters) and they get to dance.

By the way, the top pitcher in the MWC this year is Kyle Winkler. I hope the coaches agree.

We've faced him twice this season already. Went 1-1 against him, both times with Winkler on the mound. He went 0-1 against us, failing to get the decision in their lone win against us in 6 games. TCU accounts for 30% (5 of 17) of the earned runs scored against Peters this season in just 15% (2 of 14) of his appearances.

I think he'd rather not face us than the other way around.

ftwfrog

Forgive me for being clueless, but we got Winkler: Game 1 - Purke: Game 2 - Maxwell: Game 3?? Is this right are the holding Purke out or messing with the rotation??

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
A Las Vegas newspaper whose name we don't mention and links we don't post says Peters will start tonight against host SDSU.

Spike

Forgive me for being clueless, but we got Winkler: Game 1 - Purke: Game 2 - Maxwell: Game 3?? Is this right are the holding Purke out or messing with the rotation??

I think we are expecting a few innings out of Maxie, not sure about Purke but he pitched well at UNM, I would assume Wink is good to go.

I think throwing Peters today is their best choice, besides, he might be ready again Saturday, remember Clayton Jerome in 2004?

BTW Happy Birthday FTW Frog!!!!