• The KillerFrogs

Tailgating and Zipties for This Weekend

tcumaniac

For once, I bring good news (not incessant whining):

While it won't be officially announced, I have it on good authority that tailgating WILL be allowed this weekend outside of Lupton.

Even better news: many of the zip ties are supposed to be REMOVED, opening up seats for Frog fans to sit in that only have GA tickets for this weekend.

Also, if you haven't heard, if you call the ticket office this week and can verify that you are frog club member or season ticket holder for a main TCU sport, you can buy GA seats over the phone.

Let's get Lupton rocking this weekend and win the Big 12!

Last edited:

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Serious question, @tcumaniac if what you're saying is true, how are we supposed to know if we're sitting in someone's actual seat?

Trust me, I would luv to sit in the reserved seats for this series, but I don't want to have to move around 3 or 4 times because I'm in someone's seat. Then get stuck with a [ Finebaum ]ty spot in right field because it's so packed out there.

CountryFrog

Serious question, @tcumaniac if what you're saying is true, how are we supposed to know if we're sitting in someone's actual seat?

Trust me, I would luv to sit in the reserved seats for this series, but I don't want to have to move around 3 or 4 times because I'm in someone's seat. Then get stuck with a [ #2020 ]ty spot in right field because it's so packed out there.
Look for zip tie shaped imprints on the seats. Those are the ones that should be available.

flyfishingfrog

Trust me, I would luv to sit in the reserved seats for this series, but I don't want to have to move around 3 or 4 times because I'm in someone's seat. Then get stuck with a [ #2020 ]ty spot in right field because it's so packed out there.
Bring a knife and cut your own....

Or go put your chairs in right early like it’s the Masters and then go look for reserved seats - that way you have a fall back plan

Last edited:

tcumaniac

Go sit in 103, Row c.

even after the increased capacity that allowed me to upgrade to reserved seats there, our seats last weekend (5 & 6) were the only two not zip tied. With zip ties removed, the rest of that row should be free game.

flyfishingfrog

Go sit in 103, Row c.

even after the increased capacity that allowed me to upgrade to reserved seats there, our seats last weekend (5 & 6) were the only two not zip tied. With zip ties removed, the rest of that row should be free game.
I wont be surprised if 103 is the only section without the zip ties removed given all it has going on....the biggest blue shirt nazi in the stadium, you and Purple both sit in that section along with a senior member of our staff and his la familia, some 14 year old hecklers....

It could be a death match in the cage type atmosphere in 103 this weekend with just a little fuel added to the existing fire....

Punter1

You know Schloss has been wearing out Donati to make sure we have a loud and crazy atmosphere this weekend...which might be our biggest regular season series ever.

I wonder, and I'm gonna play devils advocate here, is that the reason we haven't said publicly we are opening 100% or close is we are trying to keep UT fans away while secretly bringing in as many of our students as possible.

That's what I'd do if I'm Schloss or AD JD...open up Lupton to season ticket holders and students to keep the crowd purple, young and loud this series.

tcumaniac

You know Schloss has been wearing out Donati to make sure we have a loud and crazy atmosphere this weekend...which might be our biggest regular season series ever.

I wonder, and I'm gonna play devils advocate here, is that the reason we haven't said publicly we are opening 100% or close is we are trying to keep UT fans away while secretly bringing in as many of our students as possible.

That's what I'd do if I'm Schloss or AD JD...open up Lupton to season ticket holders and students to keep the crowd purple, young and loud this series.
In regards to students, I hope they’re sticking around. Finals are this week, and although it’s a super small sample size, our intern is flying back home Thursday evening after his last final.