• The KillerFrogs

Super Regional: Critical Factor and Prediction

NativeFrog

It's gonna be a war in Austin this weekend. Pitching will dominate. Runs will be at a premium. Thus, the critical factor is for TCU not to run itself into outs on the base paths as it has been prone to do this season. Can't do that and survive against a team like Texas. Mazey and Whitting have to be alert in the coaching boxes, and Frog runners have to be smart.

Prediction: There only will be two games. Both will be decided by one run. Game one: Frogs win, 3-2, on a Holaday solo home run in the 13th inning. Game two: Frogs punch their ticket to Omaha, scoring two runs in the ninth to win, 2-1.

See ya in Austin, and Omaha!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the frogs CRUSH UT in one of the games. Something like 12-2. Their pitching will fail in at least one of the games.

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(NativeFrog @ Jun 10 2010, 10:13 AM) [snapback]573641[/snapback]
<br />It's gonna be a war in Austin this weekend. Pitching will dominate. Runs will be at a premium. Thus, the critical factor is for TCU not to run itself into outs on the base paths as it has been prone to do this season. Can't do that and survive against a team like Texas. Mazey and Whitting have to be alert in the coaching boxes, and Frog runners have to be smart. <br /><br />Prediction: There only will be two games. Both will be decided by one run. Game one: Frogs win, 3-2, on a Holaday solo home run in the 13th inning. Game two: Frogs punch their ticket to Omaha, scoring two runs in the ninth to win, 2-1.<br /><br />See ya in Austin, and Omaha!<br />

What is our pitching rotation? Saw you mentioned Gerrish tomorrow. Firgured that was shtick. If so I will trust Schloss but seemed strange.

jake102

Good lord Gerrish is not pitching tomorrow. Unless one of the three got hurt in the past 4 days. Gerrish only sees the mound if we are winning or losing by 6 or 7 runs... and maybe not even then. Lockwood and Merck will be the only relievers that see action this weekend for the Frogs. With a slight chance of Appleby.

And I'm going to go ahead and say there's no chance in hell we score 12 runs on any of their starters/relievers. Our starting 3 need to be ready to pitch 8 innings minimum in each game.

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(Jake102 @ Jun 10 2010, 10:54 AM) [snapback]573725[/snapback]
<br />Good lord Gerrish is not pitching tomorrow. Unless one of the three got hurt in the past 4 days. Gerrish only sees the mound if we are winning or losing by 6 or 7 runs... and maybe not even then. Lockwood and Merck will be the only relievers that see action this weekend for the Frogs. With a slight chance of Appleby. <br /><br />And I'm going to go ahead and say there's no chance in hell we score 12 runs on any of their starters/relievers. Our starting 3 need to be ready to pitch 8 innings minimum in each game.<br />

Sounds like you are loaded with rock solid info. Get back to us when you actually know something or just want to slurp the whorn staff some more.

Young and Horned

I do believe Gerrish pitched well against a better hitting Texas team last year. But that does not mean he will be starting this weekend.

I do not think we will be putting two runs on their closer in the ninth. Think they will have the pressure of needing to put runs on the board when we have the lead going in late.

Frogs win series 2-1. Final game, Maxwell pitches gem and we win 3-1.

QUOTE(Jake102 @ Jun 10 2010, 12:54 PM) [snapback]573725[/snapback]
Good lord Gerrish is not pitching tomorrow. Unless one of the three got hurt in the past 4 days. Gerrish only sees the mound if we are winning or losing by 6 or 7 runs... and maybe not even then. Lockwood and Merck will be the only relievers that see action this weekend for the Frogs. With a slight chance of Appleby.

And I'm going to go ahead and say there's no chance in hell we score 12 runs on any of their starters/relievers. Our starting 3 need to be ready to pitch 8 innings minimum in each game.

I said I was going out on a limb. However, if we do score 12, you have to shot gun a Pearl Lite. :biggrin:

jake102

I'm not sure what I said that is so controversial froglicious. How many innings did Gerrish pitch in the Regional?? 0. This is the super regional... he won't be pitching unless there is a large difference in the score. We've got quality relief in Merck, and Lockwood. Our starters will be expected to pitch 8 innings. Or at least pitch some of the 8th.

It's possible we score 12... I just don't see it happening. I don't think UT has any shot at scoring 12 on us either. In fact, they have a far less chance of getting 12. It will come down to a few key hits to decide this series more than likely.

SnoSki

QUOTE(NativeFrog @ Jun 10 2010, 11:13 AM) [snapback]573641[/snapback]
It's gonna be a war in Austin this weekend. Pitching will dominate. Runs will be at a premium. Thus, the critical factor is for TCU not to run itself into outs on the base paths as it has been prone to do this season. Can't do that and survive against a team like Texas. Mazey and Whitting have to be alert in the coaching boxes, and Frog runners have to be smart.

Prediction: There only will be two games. Both will be decided by one run. Game one: Frogs win, 3-2, on a Holaday solo home run in the 13th inning. Game two: Frogs punch their ticket to Omaha, scoring two runs in the ninth to win, 2-1.

See ya in Austin, and Omaha!

A positive post??

This conference alignment stuff is getting to you!! :blush: