• The KillerFrogs

Star Telegram hits TCU again

geno

What is it with the Star Telegram and the Frogs? In today's "Cheers and Jeers" section, the paper puts a great big picture of Patterson standing there with Briles, and leads off with two harsh Jeers at Coach Patterson. Bound to be some of those, but why does the paper choose to headline it? The Dallas Morning News treats us much better than the ST, even though Cowlishaw over there gets in his hit when he feels moved. But the Star Telegram? Isn't that our "hometown" paper?

BleedNPurple

Stick to Stefan and Randy. I find the Startlegram to be so poorly written I can't stand to waste my time with it. Coach P was right in my opinion and I have no problem with him standing up to lunk head Briles.

Can we stop talking about the ST and DMN? They will both be out of business soon and they are just taking shots at TCU due to their own bitterness. These hack journalists will all be out on the street begging and we can throw nickels at them.

ifrog

Well the last two fans who jeered were Baylor fans that live here so nothing here to see. The fact that the newspaper only posts those opinions leads me to believe one of the editors probably graduated from Baylor, UT, or Tech

YA

People are more likely to write a negative than reinforce the positive. With that said, the jeers and cheers section is where one expects to find the reactions to the game.

The 'opinion' section of the FWST has become the equivalent of reality TV. They can't afford in-house editorial writers and have turned the thing over to community 'guest' columnists, letters to the the editor, Cheers and Jeers and the daily STEW. The product looks like what one would expect.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Uh, the FWST and DMN are not going to die. They might not always be delievered on the driveway but they will be around. Like people who read the articles then say those pubs are dying. So you will only read articles that are not subjective or criticsl of TCU? Better stick to GoFrogs write ups. Also a feature called Cheers and Jeers is going to contain jeers. Feel free to submit your cheers ! (See what I did there?)

ifrog

TopFrog said:
Uh, the FWST and DMN are not going to die. They might not always be delievered on the driveway but they will be around. Like people who read the articles then say those pubs are dying. So you will only read articles that are not subjective or criticsl of TCU? Better stick to GoFrogs write ups. Also a feature called Cheers and Jeers is going to contain jeers. Feel free to submit your cheers ! (See what I did there?)
Would you say the same if you didn't work for a newspaper?

geno

Boykin4Prez said:
Can we stop talking about the ST and DMN? They will both be out of business soon and they are just taking shots at TCU due to their own bitterness. These hack journalists will all be out on the street begging and we can throw nickels at them.
Boykin, quickly, give us directions. List the issues you think we should stop talking about. Follow that with the issues it is OK to talk about. We are in need of your guidance.