• The KillerFrogs

Stadium Work has Begun!

HToady

I usually run a couple of mornings a week on campus. This morning i decided to take my camera to get some "before" pictures. I plan to take pictures to document the stadium progression.

There were already construction crews in the upper deck removing bleachers (near the top) and setting up scaffolding around the base of the press box. Plus a big crane in the southwest corner.

I'll post my pics when I can get my wife to show me how
biggrin.gif

HFrog1999

I'm sad. I don't like change. I like Amon Carter the way it is. Don't be surprised if you see me chained to the upper deck later today.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Based on last year after the Utah game, being undefeated, the last game against UNM drew about 41,000, which is good. I think SDSU will be about the same if we beat Utah since the Aztecs will bring or draw a small fan base. Maybe I'm wrong, but probably 42K.

jack the frog

I usually run a couple of mornings a week on campus. This morning i decided to take my camera to get some "before" pictures. I plan to take pictures to document the stadium progression.

There were already construction crews in the upper deck removing bleachers (near the top) and setting up scaffolding around the base of the press box. Plus a big crane in the southwest corner.

I'll post my pics when I can get my wife to show me how
biggrin.gif

Those picture updates would be appreciated.

Houston Frog

SDSU could be 7-2 and ranked when they come to the Carter. I would expect a larger crowd than the New Mexico game.

Yeah, New Mexico was one of the worst teams in CFB history last year (and I believe it was over Thanksgiving weekend). If we are undefeated against a pretty good SDSU team for the final game, I would expect a considerably larger sellout crowd (not to mention, it will be the last game ever in ACS as we know it)

angelo's frog

If we beat Utah, the SDSU game will sell out. I'm almost certain of that. Last home game in what could be an historic season and the last game ever in the old ACS . . . .

I would be very surprised if 44-45k didn't show up for that.

halfwaytoheaven

[quote name='angelo's frog' timestamp='1288106020' post='671474']
If we beat Utah, the SDSU game will sell out. I'm almost certain of that. Last home game in what could be an historic season and the last game ever in the old ACS . . . .

I would be very surprised if 44-45k didn't show up for that.
[/quote]

This could be the start of a sell-out streak. We get one for SDSU, then every game next season. After that we go back up to 40,000, which we could draw pretty regularly. Let it begin!