• The KillerFrogs

Stadium Town Hall meetings - link attached

pcf

I enjoy going to as many UT games as I can so long as they don't cause me to miss TCU games.

You said "Listen, you get pissed off or bored, you just head to a UT game." That implies if I was disappointed in TCU's team, that I would quit going to TCU games in favor of Texas games. That simply isn't the case.

I sold my Texas tickets that conflicted with TCU games before the season even started.

I am a UT ticket holder, but I always prefer to go to TCU games. We also decided before the year that we were going to whatever bowl TCU went to and not wherever Texas went (unelss it was in the state of Texas).

You were wrong; just made something up. Just thought I'd clear that up for you.

You're funny. :tongue:

But let's say you did get pissed off or bored, couldn't you just head off to a UT game? I mean, you've got the tickets...all you have to do is decide to use them, right? Your chances of a good time on Saturday night are pretty good, aren't they?

frogs9497

Have you looked at your ranking in the points system?

If you have 15 years worth of points I'm sure you are in the top 1000 people, probably the top 500
which will be plenty of points to buy great seats.

Think about it. There's 40k seats. Your in the top 1000 on the list. It will be okay.

I'm pretty sure they're not going back that far (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm a good example of what frustrates long-time season ticket holders. I've been buying season tickets for 4 years, along with a couple of parking spots. I'm just under #600 on the priority list. I'm obviously happy about that, but I can understand the frustration.

Endless Purple

One thing about the PSL deal is that Jerry had personal account reps. TCU might need to make it personal too. Even if people are disappointed with one aspect, the personal contact and effort to get them in other seats would be important.
That's probably a very good idea depending on the cost to implement. It was nice having a specific rep when I had season tickets for the Rockets. (Way back before I got tired of seeing all the NBA thugs and dropped basketball altogether)

mrnicefrog

I'm pretty sure they're not going back that far (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm a good example of what frustrates long-time season ticket holders. I've been buying season tickets for 4 years, along with a couple of parking spots. I'm just under #600 on the priority list. I'm obviously happy about that, but I can understand the frustration.

That's exactly my point.
All those long-time season ticket holders who are so mad about the points system need to check to see where they are!
My guess is that most of them are in the top 500 and can get any seat they want anyway!

frogs9497

That's exactly my point.
All those long-time season ticket holders who are so mad about the points system need to check to see where they are!
My guess is that most of them are in the top 500 and can get any seat they want anyway!

No, what I'm suggesting is the opposite. I've been buying for 4 years, and I'm probably well ahead of many of those long-time season ticket holders. I have no data, obviously, but with 20,000 people behind me it would seem to be a reasonable assumption that many of them are oldtimers.

Pinkyfrog

No, what I'm suggesting is the opposite. I've been buying for 4 years, and I'm probably well ahead of many of those long-time season ticket holders. I have no data, obviously, but with 20,000 people behind me it would seem to be a reasonable assumption that many of them are oldtimers.

But they're old-timers who have only bought a couple of seasons worth of tickets, they're not the ones who have sat in the same seat for 80 years or some other absurd timeframe who are complaining.

masterfrog

Not to worry. I haven't lived in the DFW area in 6 years and I am still in the top 10,000. I won't be buying season tickets until I move back to Texas. The people below me can get seats when I pass.

cdsfrog

No. "Club" seats include access to a club. "Premium" seats are in good spots and have nicer seats than the current bench, require an annual donation, but do not have access to the club.

which will have insanely lower required donations. i think too much fuss is being created over this

frogs9497

But they're old-timers who have only bought a couple of seasons worth of tickets, they're not the ones who have sat in the same seat for 80 years or some other absurd timeframe who are complaining.

This probably is not true if they're only going back 5 years or so to determine priority points.

Pinkyfrog

This probably is not true if they're only going back 5 years or so to determine priority points.

10 years for tickets, 15 for donations, and he said he had only bought 4 years, if you're an "old-timer" who hasn't bought 4 years of tickets you're not an "old-timer" you're just an old person, and if you're mad you don't get choice seats, you're just an old crotchety person and I'd rather not have you in the stadium when I can put a 7 year old kid in the same seat and get more spirit from. Unless of course you whoop and holler like a crazed fool (but then you wouldn't be complaining about your seats)

frogs9497

10 years for tickets, 15 for donations, and he said he had only bought 4 years, if you're an "old-timer" who hasn't bought 4 years of tickets you're not an "old-timer" you're just an old person, and if you're mad you don't get choice seats, you're just an old crotchety person and I'd rather not have you in the stadium when I can put a 7 year old kid in the same seat and get more spirit from. Unless of course you whoop and holler like a crazed fool (but then you wouldn't be complaining about your seats)

Please remind me what I'm complaining about. You might consider slowly re-reading my posts. I said I was happy to be around #600 on the list, notwithstanding that I had only bought tickets and parking for the last 4 years.

gdu

You're funny. :tongue:

But let's say you did get pissed off or bored, couldn't you just head off to a UT game? I mean, you've got the tickets...all you have to do is decide to use them, right? Your chances of a good time on Saturday night are pretty good, aren't they?
I could do alot of things all the time, but life is about making decisions. I choose TCU football over Texas football. Period.

dweller

Okay for all the impaired on here.........
Comulative Frog Club Membership.
1 point per year (calculated from June 1 1986 to present)
Frog Club Annual Giving
1 point per $100 given per year.
Captial Project/Scholarship Endowment
2 points per $100 given per year.
Cumulative Athletic Giving
1 point per $100 given ( a rolling 10 year computation as each fiscal years ends)
Purple White Points
20 point maximum (2 points season in which football season ticketts were purchased. This is a on time calculation on purchases made from 1996-2005)
Cumlative Season Ticket Commitment
1 point per season ticket purchased (football, men's and women's BB and Baseball)
Season Ticket Loyalty Points
2 points per consectutive seson (calculated from Fall 2006 forward, points issued each consecut9ive season in which season tickets are purchased for football, men's and women's BB or Baseball).
Letterman
10 points
check your current rank and points at www.tcufrogclub.com

tcumaniac

That's exactly my point.

i think what you are not taking into account is the price... yes, maybe they're pretty high up in the points system, and therefore they qualify for their old seats, but in order to keep their old seats, they'd be forced to pay an unaffordable amount..up until now, they could just renew their tickets year after year.. now TCU will be requiring an annual donation that a majority of the old timers just cant afford.

That's exactly my point.

I highly doubt that, go check your point total. Season ticket holders don't get any points hardly at all, go look at how you accumulate points. Donating money = points.

Example.

I am first year and I have 53 points, 40 of those are for donations through parking, 13 are for 10 season tickets.

Next year assuming same prices, 106 point total, 80 points for donations through parking and 26 points from season tickets and maybe another point or two for consecutive season tickets.

You can see how it isnt time of the season ticket holder and more driven off of donations.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for the long time fan, hell I dont want to give up my seats in section V and maybe I will maybe I won't.

I do think that 99% of the people will end up being relatively pleased with their situation after the dust settles.

Goo

Fwiw, I bot 6 tix to SMU game and the SMU ticket office has called me twice since then asking me to buy tix and hyping lastedt promotion. Always a friendly girl.

In 9 years of season tix, Frog Club, 21 away games, and 5 bowls....TCU ticket office has never called me

The personal call goes along way.

PS I think my Frog points are off and not sure if it is because I moved or what. I'm something like 1,000

OldSchoolFrog

Fwiw, I bot 6 tix to SMU game and the SMU ticket office has called me twice since then asking me to buy tix and hyping lastedt promotion. Always a friendly girl.

In 9 years of season tix, Frog Club, 21 away games, and 5 bowls....TCU ticket office has never called me

The personal call goes along way.

PS I think my Frog points are off and not sure if it is because I moved or what. I'm something like 1,000

Here's a bright idea. Call them and ask....

In my equal amount of investment, I never got a call either. But they did accommodate me when I missed a renewal deadline and called them and said I was working & traveling, but can I get my seats back, and they said -> YEP!

Patterson rocked the meeting tonight by showing up for the last 20 minutes or so and really helped put things in perspective for what this stadium means to the school and to the football program. Really made all of the whining seem petty and small minded.