• The KillerFrogs

Stadium Renderings from Architect's website

swissfrog

Just thought I'd share....not sure that I've seen the shot from the NW corner (corner to the left of the jumbotron if on the field facing it)

http://hksinc.com/#/sports/experiences/on-the-boards?ssp=true&gallery=57&id=0

froginaustin

The drawings of the outside of the stadium, west side, apparently don't match what is actually being built.

I hope that success getting subscriptions for club seats and selling lux boxes* will help the TCU deciders to be ambitious, not cautious, in building out a really neat east side.

*not to mention selling ~20k season tickets despite the disappointing 2011 home schedule.

Big Frog II

Those were the original drawings. Similar to what we are building, but you can see the differences on what the final project will look like.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
They added the N End Zone deck, and the West Side concourse that's open to the field. And the SE corner video board. All good additions. I guess we'll see what the East Side will look like.

Stiff Arm Frog

Yeah these are older, but they're still tbe best renderings that were ever made public.

Actually, I prefer these designs to what they're actually building. The originals had more personality.

SuperToad

Yeah these are older, but they're still tbe best renderings that were ever made public.

Actually, I prefer these designs to what they're actually building. The originals had more personality.

+1

They were fantastic. I loved that big mural of Sammy Baugh, but now it looks like its a no go.
Also, I like the look of the continuous lighting, instead of spaces.

But they both have their ups and downs.

halfwaytoheaven

Count me as another that preferred the original designs. I feel like they pulled a bait and switch on us. The current plans look nice, but kind of a disappointment after seeing what could have been.

Speaking of the stadium, anyone have an update on the webcams? It's been probably a week since I've seen the thing.

Spoke too soon - looks like the NEZ cam is running. No luck with the West side.

KingmanIII

+1

They were fantastic. I loved that big mural of Sammy Baugh, but now it looks like its a no go.
Also, I like the look of the continuous lighting, instead of spaces.
I concur, although I'll venture to guess that the entire $140 million would've been needed for the initial West Side plan; instead, the entire stadium is that much closer to being ready for 2012, which is more important IMO.

jake102

Is the West side still going jut out like that? Just without the Sammy Baugh mural...
It looks like in that rendering there are not two decks on the North endzone... I'm glad we have two decks. I like having the bowl like shape... Hopefully they re-do the East Side and really make it into one continuous unit.

Trelvis

Could ncaa12 not used these to figure out how to put the new stadium in the game? just my 2 cents

Because I am sure they want it to look as close to the real thing as possible and dont want to spend the money to redo TCU's stadium on the game more than once...

SnoSki

Is the West side still going jut out like that? Just without the Sammy Baugh mural...
It looks like in that rendering there are not two decks on the North endzone... I'm glad we have two decks. I like having the bowl like shape... Hopefully they re-do the East Side and really make it into one continuous unit.

Agreed. With the new design, I believe it's going to be quite a loud stadium in 2012.. now if the east side were to at least be similar in design to the west then it would be downright nasty in there. The addition of the structures to each end zone plus the seats generally being closer to the field really helps amp up the volume since voices have less distance to travel and fewer places to escape.

Nick Danger

I agree with those that prefer the original version of the West side's main entrance facade over the version that's apparently going up. The later version just looks too plain but there may be a small ray of hope!

If the East side stands are given even a roughly similar treatment as the West side, there's a pretty good chance that the original version of the East side main entrance (
as seen in slide #5 here) will have to be scrapped as well and a more prominent version substituted. If enough people let the AD know their preference for a new East side entrance, one with more of the architectural detail of the original West side entrance (before it's too late in the process), we might make a difference.