• The KillerFrogs

Stadium construction webcam

Frog_Fan71

When I look at the construction site, I can't help but feel that four months is not going to be enough to get the west side and north end zone completed before opening day. It just looks like they are too far behind schedule.

BABYFACE

Come July, that should tell them if they will get it done. Since club and suites won't be done until 2012, that takes a lot of pressure off.

groundfrog

Keep in mind that construction started in earnest in January, and they've built substantially all of the operations area, plus half of the west stands in that time. Given another 4 months, it's not unreasonable to expect them to be able to finish the other half of the west stands. Also, all of the seating bowls are precast concrete, which can be placed much more quickly than concrete poured in situ.

Also, I'm inclined to think that the timeline everyone references is not entirely representative of the actual construction schedule. For one, it shows the upper deck being completed before starting on the lower tiers of seats, even though the upper deck won't be open this fall.

BleedNPurple

What are you talking about? We almost have a house built here. Once the structural frame is up it moves like wildfire! These guys are on it - North end zone is rocking. She'll be ready by season start and holding for phase II to kick in. We'll probably see major progress taking place through the season too!

HFrog12

Not to be pessimistic either, but did anyone else feel like the north endzone was going to be a little bigger? Certainly an upgrade from what was there previously and I can't complain too much but I felt that it was going to be grander than it turned out to be. Either way the House that LHCGP Built is going to look fantastic when it is all said and done.

PurplePutt

Not to be pessimistic either, but did anyone else feel like the north endzone was going to be a little bigger? Certainly an upgrade from what was there previously and I can't complain too much but I felt that it was going to be grander than it turned out to be. Either way the House that LHCGP Built is going to look fantastic when it is all said and done.

I think it will look "grander" when the west stands are connected to the north upper deck. I drove by the other day and it looks bigger up close and in person than in those pictures too.

Sean

Administrator
I flew over it today and there's more than meets the eye from the ground. If I fly tomorrow I'll take some pictures.

TCU2012

Please give us an aerial view. North endzone is a lot bigger than it appears. Until you see humans walking around, you don't realize how large it is/how small the endzone was before.