• The KillerFrogs

St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Mizzou signs former TCU starting quarterback Robinson

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
5c19a9333e439.image.jpg

Mizzou signs former TCU starting quarterback Robinson

COLUMBIA, MO. • Missouri is doubling down on transfer quarterbacks.

Former Texas Christian University starter Shawn Robinson has signed a financial aid agreement to play for the Tigers, MU announced Tuesday. Robinson must sit out the 2019 season and will have two seasons of playing eligibility starting in 2020.

Robinson becomes the second Power 5 conference quarterback the Tigers have landed this month. Kelly Bryant, a graduate transfer and former starter at Clemson, will join the program next month and is the expected starter for 2019, his final year of eligibility.

Read more at https://www.stltoday.com/sports/col...cle_fd4ec1c5-e144-58d9-a129-1e0f67c16b9b.html

FrogCop19

5c19a9333e439.image.jpg

Mizzou signs former TCU starting quarterback Robinson

COLUMBIA, MO. • Missouri is doubling down on transfer quarterbacks.

Former Texas Christian University starter Shawn Robinson has signed a financial aid agreement to play for the Tigers, MU announced Tuesday. Robinson must sit out the 2019 season and will have two seasons of playing eligibility starting in 2020.

Robinson becomes the second Power 5 conference quarterback the Tigers have landed this month. Kelly Bryant, a graduate transfer and former starter at Clemson, will join the program next month and is the expected starter for 2019, his final year of eligibility.

Read more at https://www.stltoday.com/sports/col...cle_fd4ec1c5-e144-58d9-a129-1e0f67c16b9b.html
So hes going to a place with, what, about six other quarterbacks? Odd choice if he doesn't want competition. Those that say the parents are in charge are sounding much more accurate. Not impressed. I hope he does well, but I'll be keeping an interested eye on what happenes there next year...

tcumaniac

So hes going to a place with, what, about six other quarterbacks? Odd choice if he doesn't want competition. Those that say the parents are in charge are sounding much more accurate. Not impressed. I hope he does well, but I'll be keeping an interested eye on what happenes there next year...
He’ll be sitting out next year.

FrogCop19

He’ll be sitting out next year.
I get that, but the fact remains that hes going to have a shipload of competition. If I read that article right, there's two new recruits, a senior, a junior, and a juco transfer that are waiting for him. Maybe I didn't remember the exact numbers, but no matter, he's gonna have a fight on his hands...

***Edited to say I went back and looked, and there's a red-shirt freshman, two sophomores, a junior, and the new transfer. So even after a year of sitting, at the very least he's going to have two seniors, and a redshirt junior, and I'm sure they're going to recruit at LEAST one QB next fall as well.

Last edited: