• The KillerFrogs

Spring Preview 2010 - The BCS Busters

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 02:35 PM) [snapback]543709[/snapback]
If he truly didn't want to argue, he could have just said "yes, there is no such thing as Fiesta Bowl Stadium and the National Championship is not the same thing as the Fiesta Bowl, even when it is played in the same place the Fiesta Bowl was." He didn't.

This was my statement:

"I believe the BCS championship is in Fiesta next year."

That is all I said and most in football know where that is.

The rest is you, gdUT, wanting to continue posting and argue about a simple statement that is easily understood.

EDIT: In fact, some football people call the place "the Fiesta". This is based on usage over time.

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 12 2010, 07:48 PM) [snapback]543724[/snapback]
This was my statement:

That is all I said and most in football know where that is.

The rest is you, gdUT, wanting to continue posting and argue about a simple statement that is easily understood.

Fiesta is not a place. There is not Fiesta Bowl Stadium. The BCS championship is in the University of Phoenix stadium in Glendale, AZ.

Just admit you are wrong or admit you like to argue and I'll be done in here.

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 12 2010, 07:50 PM) [snapback]543726[/snapback]
Fine.

That was to RSF re: the Insight Bowl. You are still wrong.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 02:52 PM) [snapback]543729[/snapback]
That was to RSF re: the Insight Bowl.

You insisted, to me, the Insight was there and you were corrected by both me and RSF.

That is all.

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 12 2010, 08:59 PM) [snapback]543779[/snapback]
You insisted, to me, the Insight was there and you were corrected by both me and RSF.

That is all.

And you are a baby who can't avoid starting an argument or admit when you are wrong but like to call people out on both and rely on the fact that people here don't like me rather than the facts underlying your incorrect statement.

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 12 2010, 07:26 PM) [snapback]543696[/snapback]
It is not a BCS game and it was not played in the stadium until the past season.

And you didn't correct anything. This was your only post on the matter (until you go back and edit one). You still don't know where it was played. It wasn't in Glendale last season. It was played were the Fiesta Bowl used to be played (still not the Fiesta Bowl). I was wrong about the location of the Insight bowl last year and this year. So were you. You were wrong about both points, but you still want to keep the argument you started going. You can take that "corrected by me" crap out of here. You don't have a clue (but you do like to argue about arguing).

joejordan

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 05:17 PM) [snapback]543790[/snapback]
And you are a baby who can't avoid starting an argument or admit when you are wrong but like to call people out

This is called psychological identification.

gdu

QUOTE(crunch @ Apr 12 2010, 09:27 PM) [snapback]543800[/snapback]
This is called psychological identification.

Are you going to be like Top and 2314 and follow me around now too? Why the obsession? Why not respond to the others who said the same thing as me, coward?

QUOTE(Jake102 @ Apr 12 2010, 01:13 PM) [snapback]543608[/snapback]
I'm not sure why people think Boise will lose to Virginia Tech... just not going to happen.

Boise in the National Championship and TCU in the Fiesta bowl.

You're going to be one unhappy Bronco fan after VaTech trashes BSU in the first week of the season.

Limp Lizard

A TCU/Boise game would be discounted by the BCS shills. At least for now.

What we need is for a non-BCS team (TCU preferably, of course) to play an Alabama or Texas in the championship game and trounce them. :biggrin:

But then, the BCS shills would talk about how Alabama/Texas really wanted to be in the Super Bowl and was not motivated. :rolleyes:

gdu

QUOTE(Limp Lizard @ Apr 12 2010, 10:56 PM) [snapback]543861[/snapback]
A TCU/Boise game would be discounted by the BCS shills. At least for now.

What we need is for a non-BCS team (TCU preferably, of course) to play an Alabama or Texas in the championship game and trounce them. :biggrin:

But then, the BCS shills would talk about how Alabama/Texas really wanted to be in the Super Bowl and was not motivated. :rolleyes:

I would take a win over Boise in the NCG. Look at our ranking and Boise's after the FB last year. There is respect now. Sure ESPN's talking heads have Boise losing to VT, but nobody would complain if they had any other #3 losing toa #5 in a "neutral game" that close to #5's campus.

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 12 2010, 04:17 PM) [snapback]543790[/snapback]
This was your only post on the matter (until you go back and edit one). You still don't know where it was played. It wasn't in Glendale last season. It was played were the Fiesta Bowl used to be played (still not the Fiesta Bowl). I was wrong about the location of the Insight bowl last year and this year. So were you. You were wrong about both points, but you still want to keep the argument you started going. You can take that "corrected by me" crap out of here. You don't have a clue (but you do like to argue about arguing).

Ok. To spell it out and end this.

Since I have been to Arizona State and I have been to Phoenix several times, have family there, and stay there on occasion, I am familiar with thier stadium and the location of the Insight. I knew the Insight bowl was there, but was giving you the benefit of the doubt that maybe you had heard it was moved for 2011 (thus, "not in the stadium..."). So I informed you that Insight was not played at Fiesta site so far. You still didn't budge until RSF also came in. But it still had nothing to do with the BCS championship game. So much for the benefit of the doubt.

So I call the stadium Fiesta or Cardinals stadium or Glendale or whatever. So what. It doesn't matter what you call it, it is the same stadium and that is the BCS championship game next year as well as the BCS Fiesta Bowl. It was obvious and the point isn't about what it is called.

A coach stated, "I hope we can get to the Fiesta next year and play for the national championship". Let's see you attack him to his face.

Your personal attack is pathetic. You have no idea who you are talking to, but on the internet you say many things which you wouldn't in person.

The end.

gdu

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Apr 13 2010, 04:10 AM) [snapback]543985[/snapback]
Ok. To spell it out and end this.

This will end when you can be a man and admit you are wrong.

Since I have been to Arizona State and I have been to Phoenix several times, have family there, and stay there on occasion, I am familiar with thier stadium and the location of the Insight. I knew the Insight bowl was there, but was giving you the benefit of the doubt that maybe you had heard it was moved for 2011 (thus, "not in the stadium..."). So I informed you that Insight was not played at Fiesta site so far. You still didn't budge until RSF also came in. But it still had nothing to do with the BCS championship game. So much for the benefit of the doubt.

"until the past season" was what you said. Are you now saying "until the past season" means the 2011 season? Seriously?

I didn't need to budge until RSF he was the first one to get it right. You didn't. I know you want to think you did, but you didn't. If I had agreed with you, I would have still been wrong.

Of course it had nothing to do with the championship. Niether does the Fiesta Bowl. I mentioned it bc I thought it too was played in the UoP stadium. I was since proven wrong, and admitted as much. So of course it wasn't relevant. I thought it was when I mentioned it. I stopped mentioning it when I was wrong. Just admit you were wrong like I do/have and move on.

So I call the stadium Fiesta or Cardinals stadium or Glendale or whatever. So what. It doesn't matter what you call it, it is the same stadium and that is the BCS championship game next year as well as the BCS Fiesta Bowl. It was obvious and the point isn't about what it is called.

Then let's call Cowboys Stadium the Cotton Bowl, since it is played there.

Your personal attack is pathetic. You have no idea who you are talking to, but on the internet you say many things which you wouldn't in person.

The end.

I didn't make a single personal attack. You got something wrong. I corrected you. You couldn't accept it and move on and instead decided to start what you knew would be a multi-page argument.

Why does it matter who I am talking to. You could be the smartest, strongest person in the world and you would still be wrong.

I don't say anyhting on the internet that I wouldn't say in person. You really don't think I would say you had the name of the stadium wrong in person?

The really funny thing to me is your post wasn't needed in the first place. You replied to this:

QUOTE(fdub @ Apr 12 2010, 10:52 AM)
I'd like to see three non-cartel teams in the BCS. Boise/TCU in the national title, with Boise/TCU filling a spot in the Rose Bowl, and Utah taking a third bid.

with this:

What was the point?

stevenewilson

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 13 2010, 09:05 AM) [snapback]544126[/snapback]
This will end when you can be a man and admit you are wrong.

"until the past season" was what you said. Are you now saying "until the past season" means the 2011 season? Seriously?

I didn't need to budge until RSF he was the first one to get it right. You didn't. I know you want to think you did, but you didn't. If I had agreed with you, I would have still been wrong.

Of course it had nothing to do with the championship. Niether does the Fiesta Bowl. I mentioned it bc I thought it too was played in the UoP stadium. I was since proven wrong, and admitted as much. So of course it wasn't relevant. I thought it was when I mentioned it. I stopped mentioning it when I was wrong. Just admit you were wrong like I do/have and move on.

Then let's call Cowboys Stadium the Cotton Bowl, since it is played there.

I didn't make a single personal attack. You got something wrong. I corrected you. You couldn't accept it and move on and instead decided to start what you knew would be a multi-page argument.

Why does it matter who I am talking to. You could be the smartest, strongest person in the world and you would still be wrong.

I don't say anyhting on the internet that I wouldn't say in person. You really don't think I would say you had the name of the stadium wrong in person?

The really funny thing to me is your post wasn't needed in the first place. You replied to this:

QUOTE(fdub @ Apr 12 2010, 10:52 AM)
I'd like to see three non-cartel teams in the BCS. Boise/TCU in the national title, with Boise/TCU filling a spot in the Rose Bowl, and Utah taking a third bid.

with this:

What was the point?

Don't you people have jobs?

desmith03

QUOTE(FFL @ Apr 13 2010, 01:47 PM) [snapback]544251[/snapback]
Don't you people have jobs?

killerfrogs.com: Lowering Office Productivity Since 1997