• The KillerFrogs

Spring Game Thread

Wexahu

Valid! I do not deny that.
I think he came in and was a breath of fresh air for that team and they were primed to achieve. Moving forward, we will be average. Just my prediction.

The only thing to counteract your point, Gene Chizik at Auburn was gone 2 years after winning his natty. Winning it.

I hope I'm wrong, but .........
Moving forward I think we'll be average too. I don't see much long-term, sustained success for any Big 12 team.

Palliative Care

The spring practices is a time for discovering the quality of players on the roster by letting them get reps.
This can make the quality of the play rather raged as it did this year. Yes the offense is more a work in progress than the defense. Is that a concern? Yes, but it is way too soon to say "heaven help us the offense stinks". Still with Hoover back this summer and the offensive line settled in, things will be better. However, no I don't think the offense will be as strong as I would like it to be this season, at least not initially.

Wexahu

@McFroggin - I’m hoping we don’t give all the money up front. I hope it’s given yearly because of the portal/transfer rules. If not, that’s dopey.
I know I'm too negative, too cynical, and too many other things, but take a step back and look at what we're talking about......hoping our donors don't pass out all their money up front to the kids so they can't take it and leave. And I think you're being sincere, and why wouldn't you be, it's where we are today.

Can it get any more ridiculous? Every time I hear about stuff like this I'm further amazed at why anyone would take part in it.

NewFrogFan

Interesting that Lemmermann (#1 in nation) signed to kick for us one year after Sempebwa (5 star) signed with the Frogs and looks good (!) Weird thing is Lemmermann is on the roster (early enrollee?) but we didn't see him at the spring game (or did we???). But we did see Sempebwa kick in the spring game, but I don't see him on the roster?
Maybe they will try 1 play beyond midfield, then let the howitzer legs start draining 3’s vs go backwards???

McFroggin

I know I'm too negative, too cynical, and too many other things, but take a step back and look at what we're talking about......hoping our donors don't pass out all their money up front to the kids so they can't take it and leave. And I think you're being sincere, and why wouldn't you be, it's where we are today.

Can it get any more ridiculous? Every time I hear about stuff like this I'm further amazed at why anyone would take part in it.

NIL is the Wild West right now. No guarantees by the players, perform requirements, or time stipulations. College football is circling the toilet. Sure I’m frustrated, but he got plenty of $ before he left.

tmcats

TCU​

Andy Avalos solved the defense: Avalos was a late hire after losing his head coaching job at Boise State, but he has proven to quickly be a miracle worker in Fort Worth, Texas. All the reports coming out of Fort Worth have raved about the year-over-year improvement that ranked among the bottom 30 in college football last season. Avalos moves back towards a traditional four-defensive back group and typically rushes four players, a departure from the 3-3-5 that TCU previously ran. Avalos also brought former Nevada coach Ken Wilson in to coach linebackers, which is a signature position group in his defense. TCU's talent acquisition has ranked among the best in the Big 12, so a coaching shift could bring them quickly back to contention.