• The KillerFrogs

SportsPageMagazine: Louisiana Tech Up Against it in Poinsettia Bowl v. TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
SportsPageMagazine: Louisiana Tech Up Against it in Poinsettia Bowl v. TCU

By Terese Karmel

The Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego on Wednesday, December 21 will pit polar opposites in terms of the history and recent success of the two teams who will meet at Qualcomm Stadium at 8 p.m. EST, the sole ESPN game that evening.

The heavily favored TCU Horned Frogs (10-2, 7-0 MWC), which have ended the past two seasons with BCS games, will lower their sights to take on Louisiana Tech (8-4, 6-1 WAC), in the Bulldogs' first bowl game in four years.

TCU's 11-year head coach Gary Patterson, who led his non-AQ undefeated team to a stunning 21-19 victory over Big 10 champion Wisconsin in the 2011 Rose Bowl, is looking at the “glass half full,” rather than bemoaning the fact that the team did not get a BCS bid. ...

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Some great reporting in the last paragraph. We lost 26 starters from last years Rose Bowl team??????

+1. May need an interpreter for this one: "Dykes said a number of factors contributed to the season turnaround from 2010 when they went 507 (4-3) including a new emphasis on team unity, some quality recruits and existing players."

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I love posting stories from basically amateur writers. Good, solid journalism from trusted professional sources is not dead. In fact, I think more and more people are figuring this out and returning to trusted news organizations and ignoring the Internet "news" nonsense.

An-Cap Frog

+1. May need an interpreter for this one: "Dykes said a number of factors contributed to the season turnaround from 2010 when they went 507 (4-3) including a new emphasis on team unity, some quality recruits and existing players."

Kind of like 409 if you ask me...

It actually is a fairly good write-up, they just need to fix a few things here and there...

Frog DJ

Maybe 507 is Ruston's area code? :tongue:

Go Frogs! Do It Now!