• The KillerFrogs

Sporting News: TCU grooming QB Pachall for starting job

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Sporting News: TCU grooming QB Pachall for starting job

Staff report Sporting News

TCU has a lot to live up to – and a lot to look forward to.

Past and future are a big part of the conversation when it comes to the Horned Frogs. But it's the present that could pose the most issues for TCU, which is playing its final season in the Mountain West Conference before joining the Big East in 2012.

TCU returns 14 starters from last year's undefeated, Rose Bowl-winning team. Not among those back is four-year starting quarterback, Andy Dalton. The team also lost a chunk of its secondary as well.

Coach Gary Patterson, speaking at MWC media day in Las Vegas, said despite the losses, he is encouraged by what he saw during the spring. ...

FrogAbroad

"We came a long way in the spring and we'll see how we do in two-a-days," Patterson told the Fort Worth Star Telegram. Fall camp at TCU begins Aug. 4. "I'm probably more excited about the potential of this team because of the unknowns we have than I have been in three or four years. We have a lot of young talent."

When CGP says something like that it's sort of scary good. His excitement certainly does not equal a "We'll be just as good in 2011" kind of statement, but it says a lot about what he believes this bunch can do, and looks favorably towards 2012. I can hardly wait!

TCUhornedfrog93

"We came a long way in the spring and we'll see how we do in two-a-days," Patterson told the Fort Worth Star Telegram. Fall camp at TCU begins Aug. 4. "I'm probably more excited about the potential of this team because of the unknowns we have than I have been in three or four years. We have a lot of young talent."

When CGP says something like that it's sort of scary good. His excitement certainly does not equal a "We'll be just as good in 2011" kind of statement, but it says a lot about what he believes this bunch can do, and looks favorably towards 2012. I can hardly wait!

+1

Patterson usually trends toward the side of downplaying most everything to do with how the team is looking so this is pretty exciting to see.

asleep003

Nice to know we picked up a few new Starters... not sure where they came from..?..
Article totally leaves out our rebuilding the OL..?..

Cheers!

pastorfrog

Looking forward to seeing what Casey can do this year. Manage the game, make good decisions and get the ball into the hands of the people who can make it happen!