• The KillerFrogs

Sport DFW: Jim Calhoun’s Comments Not What TCU Wants to Hear

Texas Otto

What a poorly written blog.

If there is a split, I'm sure the football schools will try to hold on to Notre Dame as an all-sports-but-football member. That brand would be hard to let go of.

Notre Dame isn't going anywhere they have a full vote on football issues and get the Big East Bowl tie ins. ND gets all the benefit of football membership without having to bring their team into the league why would they ever give up that deal (one that I always thought was sweet for ND and lousy for the conference but then I don't get a vote in these matters).

:wacko:

cdsfrog

Lol give me a break. Like St Johns, Providence, Seton Hall, Marquette and DePaul have any power what so ever. They are lucky to even be included.

Georgetown and Notredame have some power, ND with more even they caved when it came to TCU. Basketball schools need the Big East and they know it.

AUFrog

I'm not sure why the author thinks this is something TCU wouldn't want to hear. The idea of a split isn't exactly a new concept, and an all-sports version of the Big East would still be a pretty stout basketball league. Don't see a split impacting TCU negatively in any way.
Agree. Alex Apple has written some solid pieces and some, like this one, have come out like green apple splatter. I think TCU would like to see Providence, DePaul (one of my childhood favorite hoops teams), etc. go off to another conference, especially if the BE kept Notre Dame for all other sports but football.

Texas Otto

Lol give me a break. Like St Johns, Providence, Seton Hall, Marquette and DePaul have any power what so ever. They are lucky to even be included.

Georgetown and Notredame have some power, ND with more even they caved when it came to TCU. Basketball schools need the Big East and they know it.

Actually as I understand it ND didn't cave they actually helped get the votes needed for TCU working as a pseudo football member.

frogbyproxy

There is nothing new in the news one might say and as stated poorly written. Almost as bad as my blogging. :tongue: If all goes as the BE is hoping we get one heck of a TC deal which opens the door to raiding other conferences IMO. This may end up being one of the best contracts in college football and lets face it the basketball deal won't be chicken scratch either. Some of the best basketball is in the BE and TCU may be in the mix of things in just a couple of years.

Texas Otto

There is nothing new in the news one might say and as stated poorly written. Almost as bad as my blogging. :tongue: If all goes as the BE is hoping we get one heck of a TC deal which opens the door to raiding other conferences IMO. This may end up being one of the best contracts in college football and lets face it the basketball deal won't be chicken scratch either. Some of the best basketball is in the BE and TCU may be in the mix of things in just a couple of years.

The BE is the property to have in hoops and will get even mopre valuable over time in football. Those of us who have been BE fans since the leagues inception know that VPI was nothing to write home about in football before joining the BE and the league helped them be the eastern football power they are today (Miami was a different story they were the crown jewel for football when they joined with years of previous success) and the BE is doing the same for USF, Louisville and Cincy putting them on the map. TCU can be our new Miami (without the thugs) and the ACC raid will be left in the rear view mirror in a couple of years with TCU, WVU, SU and the Ville as top programs.

Based on history I think NBC knows this thing is only going to get more valuable in both major sports so I don't see a split, don't think the networks would allow it to happen. Now as for the comment that TCU will be competitive in the BE for hoops in just a couple of seasons please see USF basketball, not a pretty sight and they have had 6 years now!

hindry

i am for anything the shortens our stay in the Big E(asy)

dissolution of BE would, i assume, cause re-alignment up and down the food chain,

with frogs returning triumphent to a texas-centric league.

how long was moses and co. in the wilderness?

but heh i don't want to carp..see u frogs in the stands nov. 14 in syracuse in front of record crowd of 13,290.

easy question for 10 pts: which BE school's attendance at basketball is greater than its football attendance?

any truth to the rumor that USF uses inmates on work release?

hindry

The BE is the property to have in hoops and will get even mopre valuable over time in football. Those of us who have been BE fans since the leagues inception know that VPI was nothing to write home about in football before joining the BE and the league helped them be the eastern football power they are today (Miami was a different story they were the crown jewel for football when they joined with years of previous success) and the BE is doing the same for USF, Louisville and Cincy putting them on the map. TCU can be our new Miami (without the thugs) and the ACC raid will be left in the rear view mirror in a couple of years with TCU, WVU, SU and the Ville as top programs.

Based on history I think NBC knows this thing is only going to get more valuable in both major sports so I don't see a split, don't think the networks would allow it to happen. Now as for the comment that TCU will be competitive in the BE for hoops in just a couple of seasons please see USF basketball, not a pretty sight and they have had 6 years now!

i had to google VPI but finally connected after traffic died down. cross referencing with 'football power' got me zilch however!

but to think we could be considered the next miami, means alot. do redshirt freshmen get a 'posse' or is that reserved for upperclassmen?

Texas Otto

i had to google VPI but finally connected after traffic died down. cross referencing with 'football power' got me zilch however!

but to think we could be considered the next miami, means alot. do redshirt freshmen get a 'posse' or is that reserved for upperclassmen?

Okay for the retards amongst us (reference hindry) VPI stands for Virginia Polytechnical Institute also known as Virginia Tech (is that dumbed down enough for you or should I go further), and I would say they are a power in the ACC. Your total anti BE bias is welll noted as you wre of the species Hidricous Trollocous we understabnd!

:tongue:

frogbyproxy

Sorry had to go shopping and am back. I feel what the BE commish stated is very true about getting a better TV deal and that could create havoc with a conference called B12-2 since there has been a problem of shares. BUt first we need the TV deal before anything else can happen.
You have the right to say what you like but please do not compare what our school can do with USF. TCU will do what it takes to win and if that means keeping a coach with a couple of bad seasons I am all for it because I believe they know what they are doing. I'll just state TCU will have a breakout season next year and will be in the middle of the pack. Four years after entering the conference the men's basketball will play for the conference title by first winning the conference or winning the BE tournament or both.
So you have your own opinion and IMO.

hindry

Okay for the retards amongst us (reference hindry) VPI stands for Virginia Polytechnical Institute also known as Virginia Tech (is that dumbed down enough for you or should I go further), and I would say they are a power in the ACC. Your total anti BE bias is welll noted as you wre of the species Hidricous Trollocous we understabnd!

:tongue:

very good OT......but explain to me how BE losing VT and Miami makes this a good conference for Add-Ran College.

if BE (d)evolves and MWC becomes AQ i think we loose big time.

i was no great fan of MWC, but western schools were increasing enrollment and spending money on football. it seems likely that MWC could pick up another school or 2, but with BEasy being so basketball concscious, i think gorwth in quality on gridiron unlikely.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Alex, here's a basic journalism rule to follow (please check with your great advisor Big Steaming Pile) even when writing opinion pieces contact your sources and discuss the topic with them otherwise you end up with a poor article. You don't know if that's what TCU doesn't want to hear. Even if they don't give you a straight answer, contact the sources, in this case CDC and LHCGP. Then you can properly speculate and make up whatever you want.