• The KillerFrogs

Sources: Gary Patterson a strong candidate at Houston

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
It is possible the year at UTerus and now a year off has given him the chance to reflect and think and see how the game has changed and is ready to adapt. He is an Xs and Os genius. Refreshed. Refocused. Surround himself with the right people and strategy and ….

tetonfrog

Surround himself with the right people and strategy and ….
This will be key - if he resurrects his old staff, then he won’t have a chance at UH. Also, if you thought TCU’s DL was weak, then UH’s DL was a disaster this year. He will need a lot of help to turn them around.

Wexahu

This will be key - if he resurrects his old staff, then he won’t have a chance at UH. Also, if you thought TCU’s DL was weak, then UH’s DL was a disaster this year. He will need a lot of help to turn them around.
He’s going to have to really change how he does things if he wants a good staff around him. He was known to be VERY hard on assistants and I think a major reason he kept the same ones for so long is because he didn’t have many guys pining to work for him.

EVOfrogMR

First off, I hate this as I think Houston would be silly not to hire GP if he wants the job.

A change was definitely needed for both TCU and GP, but to assume that GP hasn't learned anything from it, or from a year with Texas, is just silly. I think he'd adapt his approach and surround himself with others who are better suited to deal with some of the portal/NIL challenges. GP is a damn smart coach who wants to win games. Houston is the kind of program where his chip on the shoulder approach could succeed.