• The KillerFrogs

Sonny Dykes will be on Jim Rome Show today

Frog DJ

Rome got EXACTLY what he wanted from that segment - notoriety that enabled him to parlay that moment of controversy into a persona that made him rich.

He baited Everette into that reaction, and it was WAY more than Rome ever hoped it would be. It was a highly calculated and well planned strategy.

Go Frogs!

JogginFrog

Link to the segment: https://www.jimrome.com/media/audio-channel/8142023-sonny-dykes

The most interesting bit to me was how you prepare for a season-opening game against a program with a whole new staff and roster. Said you start by reviewing film from the coordinators' last stops, so they have been looking at Kent State and Alabama film. Then you scout individual players, especially at skill positions, for tendencies. Then you still expect surprises, so work to limit mistakes that will get you beat.

The rest of it was Sonny saying nice things about last year's team, this year's team, Georgia, the Big 12, Brett Yormark, etc.

Last edited:

JugbandFrog

Rome got EXACTLY what he wanted from that segment - notoriety that enabled him to parlay that moment of controversy into a persona that made him rich.

He baited Everette into that reaction, and it was WAY more than Rome ever hoped it would be. It was a highly calculated and well planned strategy.

Go Frogs!
And the beginning of the end for me in terms of any respect I had for the talking heads. I don't watch any of them anymore, and who I do watch, Rico Knows and Joel Klatt. Everyone else is a [ Finebaum ].

tetonfrog

Only good thing ever happened involving that gasbag.
Ed: there is a longer version out there, much better- shows Rhome crying like a little [ hundin], “get him off me!” Lol.
I thought he was hilarious in the South Park "Sarcastaball" episode. One of my favorite SP episodes.

I’m not really into sports talk radio like I was years ago. With that being said, Rome is not that bad compared to the alternatives that I am aware of for national sports talk radio shows. Finebaum is an Alabama / SEC cheerleader who hardly cover anything unless it SEC. Cowherd is an elitist prick who is always about cheerleading for big name schools with huge alumni.

Eight

I’m not really into sports talk radio like I was years ago. With that being said, Rome is not that bad compared to the alternatives that I am aware of for national sports talk radio shows. Finebaum is an Alabama / SEC cheerleader who hardly cover anything unless it SEC. Cowherd is an elitist prick who is always about cheerleading for big name schools with huge alumni.

rome is combination of vin scully and edward r murrow compared to some of the national weekend guys, especially the late night weekend guys