• The KillerFrogs

SMU game cancelled

TCUdirtbag

I agree with the resistance to succumb to pressure to close but given your numbers I’m inclined to ask why TCU students appear to be more susceptible to COVID infection than other schools. I have employees who have recently taken kids to school at A&M, Bama, and OU and they all said there were masses of people in close proximity.

On the other hand, I know a kid that went to a juco in NM to play ball and was quarantined in a hotel room without a window for 14 days...got out last Sunday and tested positive on Thursday.

Just a guess here, but I’d assume it has to do with two percentages: the percentage of students that live on campus, and the percentage of students involved in Greek life. TCU started a week early and I’m guess the unofficial fraternity rush events and sorority bid day parties led to a lot of the spread. The general back to school parties happened everywhere of course, those are just two things somewhat unique to tcu that might contribute to the difference.

Last edited:

JugbandFrog

Just a guess here, but I’d assume it has to do with two percentages: the percentage of students that live on campus, and the percentage of students involved in Greek life. TCU started a week early and I’m guess the unofficial fraternity rush events and sorority bid day parties led to a lot of the spread. The general back to school parties happened everywhere of course, those are just two things somewhat unique to tcu that might contribute to the difference.

TCU also isn’t a regional university. I haven’t heard much about Alabama as a state having too many issues with the virus. There isn’t as much tourism, or kids coming from other parts of the country as TCU. TCU has kids from all over.

Plus TCU is smaller, more compact, so I imagine that it has a higher rate of testing than other schools.

Pharm Frog

TCU also isn’t a regional university. I haven’t heard much about Alabama as a state having too many issues with the virus. There isn’t as much tourism, or kids coming from other parts of the country as TCU. TCU has kids from all over.

Plus TCU is smaller, more compact, so I imagine that it has a higher rate of testing than other schools.

Alabama is significantly further away than Texas in restoring “return to workplace” at my company and it’s not really close.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Apparently a Penn State doctor said in a meeting that 30-35% of Big Ten athletes who tested positive for COVID-19 had signs of myocarditis in cardiac MRI scans, including athletes who were otherwise aymptomatic for the virus.

CryptoMiner

Apparently a Penn State doctor said in a meeting that 30-35% of Big Ten athletes who tested positive for COVID-19 had signs of myocarditis in cardiac MRI scans, including athletes who were otherwise aymptomatic for the virus.

He clarified that it was only 15% which apparently is a more than acceptable rate to those on this board.

YA

Actually Alabama is a hotspot for the virus and per capita is not in a good position per the cdc.