• The KillerFrogs

Signing Day Thread

Eight

WVU at 50 surprises me given the year they had. Seems like they could’ve gained some traction with the top 10 exposure.

KSU at 85. Woof.

wvu just doesn't have a footprint.

they are so far east does anyone really connect them with a conference in the middle of the country, they are competing against the big 10, acc, and sec, they are one of the smallest states in the nation in terms of population, and the top 10 ranking was temporary.

Chongo94

they are so far east does anyone really connect them with a conference in the middle of the country, they are competing against the big 10, acc, and sec, they are one of the smallest states in the nation in terms of population, and the top 10 ranking was temporary.

I don’t know in terms of recruiting, but a ton of kids from Florida and the upper east coast know of and head to WVU. It’s a very well known party school for those regions.

Recruiting is a different animal but they’ve pulled some great players out of Florida fairly consistently.

Eight

I don’t know in terms of recruiting, but a ton of kids from Florida and the upper east coast know of and head to WVU. It’s a very well known party school for those regions.

Recruiting is a different animal but they’ve pulled some great players out of Florida fairly consistently.

they have signed 5 kids from florida in their last 4 classes and been pretty spread across the country. gone heavy in mid-atlantic and midwest.

Chongo94

they have signed 5 kids from florida in their last 4 classes and been pretty spread across the country. gone heavy in mid-atlantic and midwest.

So it corrrlates to their entrance into the Big 12 then. They used to be a decent destination for Florida kids. All my cousins and their friends on the east coast always had WVU as one of their school choices and or planned visits. Having been there, I still don’t understand why.

Eight

Was not a good day (on paper) for the Big 12.

three big 12 teams at the bottom all have no coaching staffs in a short time before the early signing period.

tech is going to change systems and basically brought in a new staff which might be a great staff, but they have no relationships with a month to go.

kstate which wasn't killing it with snyder brings in a coach from a 1-AA power. they might be a great staff, but again when you are in a prospect scarce area as it is and they have a month or so to go you can't expect much from this early class.

kansas has actually picked up the pace under les, but they were so far back this is going to be a bad class.

bottom line is there are two schools in the big 12 with true name brand recognition in the area and the conference doesn't get much respect which has an impact

Mean Purple

We got guys over Texas and another big school. We have a real national recruiting class that fits our needs, for the most part. And stars don't tell the story, the player does. Again, as an old coach told a group I was with once, you can get a recruit with all the stars next to his name, then "get him on campus and find out he couldn't play dead in a western". GP always goes for what fits our needs. And the kids are usually great kids off the field.

We are gonna kick so much [Briles] the next few years that PETA may protest.

Double V

I will add one more item about Barlow until he starts visiting other places. Darwin has expressed that his decision will not be based at all on how much playing time he is expected to get in 2019. He is fine with a redshirt 2019 if it’s best for him. So any concern Barlow is turning away from TCU because he is worried he will be buried on the depth chart in 2019 is not true. TCU is still the favorite to land Darwin.
Ok, are you this kid's brother uncle, or what? HS buddy? Family friend?

netty2424

Baylor can get kids to Waco. Holgo can get kids WVU.

Eight

Baylor can get kids to Waco. Holgo can get kids WVU.

baylor benefits from being in texas and while people might think it is a joke but rhule and his staff work their asses off recruiting.

i have been told by people who know dana that he doesn't love recruiting and that he and gary are very similar in some of their personality traits.

Moose Stuff

baylor benefits from being in texas and while people might think it is a joke but rhule and his staff work their asses off recruiting.

i have been told by people who know dana that he doesn't love recruiting and that he and gary are very similar in some of their personality traits.

If you’re gonna be a successful college football coach you better love recruiting or find a way to act like you do. I suppose the HC can kind of get a pass on that but the ones who care are probably gonna beat you more often than not.